Tune Question

Itsmekylep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Anyone running a SCT tuner WITH a Mopar PCM? If you recall, I have the best luck buying Trucks that I cant get through Emission. The O2's, EVAP System, and Cats all read "not ready" I emailed Torrie to see if the current Tune just has then turned off, and he states the Mopar PCM does that already.

I guess I just dont know what to think. My first 10 had a Mopar PCM and a SCT and it went through Emissions (after I replaced the leak detection pump) just fine. I need to know if these Sensors are truly programmed out, or if I just need to continue doing drive cycles. I just don't want to keep wasting my time if the Sensors are never going to read "ready" is there a way to tell if it just needs a few good Drive Cycles?? :dontknow:

I guess it would be helpful if I mentioned it has no Cats (my first 10 didnt either) It appears to still have the o2 Sensors. One at the end of the header and 2 in the mid pipe just after the header. The Sensors are only on the Driver side. The Passenger side has none. :dontknow: P.S. I dont know anything mechanical about cars. Im a Motorcycles guy.

After some research, I realized the third Sensor is for the Air/Fuel gauge. So I still have both o2's on the Drivers side, but shouldn't the passenger side have O2's as well?

Edit: after opening my eyes and taking a little more time to look, the Passenger side o2's are there. being that there are no cats, should the down stream ones be removed and tied to the frame so they can get a different reading than the front o2's? also, this truck has no CEL's or stored codes.

Last edited:
I have mopar pcm and used it with the paxton. The new tune with the sct will supercede any other tune that's in there. Just because the rear o2 sensors are in the pipes dont mean anything. If you have no cats and they are plugged in with no cel. Im sure they are turned off in the tune. They just need to still be plugged in. If you want to pass inspection you will need to put some cats in there and get a new tune with the rear o2 sensors on.

after doing some research, it appears the Mopar Performace PCM will NEVER allow the secondary o2's to become "ready" (maybe my black truck didnt have this pcm?) I may have to put a stock PCM in. Whats involved with getting it swapped to my truck? Just taking it to the Dealer and letting them flash it to my VIN? Once thats done, will my SCT and Tunes still work? Or will it need to be sent out and flashed for that?

If it's the mopar PCM, the "stock" tune is the modified version that came on the PCM. You must do this to make the SCT usable. Contact Dan Lesser and he may be able to help you sort this out.

after doing some research, it appears the Mopar Performace PCM will NEVER allow the secondary o2's to become "ready" (maybe my black truck didnt have this pcm?) I may have to put a stock PCM in. Whats involved with getting it swapped to my truck? Just taking it to the Dealer and letting them flash it to my VIN? Once thats done, will my SCT and Tunes still work? Or will it need to be sent out and flashed for that?

Return SCT to stock. Purchase PCM (hard to find at good price) and bring to dealer to flash skim module code and you're golden.
Correct, Mopar Perf PCM are for Off Road Use Only and aren't intended to pass emissions with.

Wow. I must have had a special mopar pcm. I passed when i was back east with a new tune in it from torrie. But what do i know. Go spent some money.

Its funny. You try to help people with shit you been through already and they never listen. Fuck it.

Wow. I must have had a special mopar pcm. I passed when i was back east with a new tune in it from torrie. But what do i know. Go spent some money.

Its funny. You try to help people with shit you been through already and they never listen. Fuck it.

Quit bitchin. We love you even if we don't take your advice. :D

Welcome back E! Relax bruh, lol:)

Sorry guys. Im back on the roids and everything is bothering me. Especially these dumb ass west coast fucks.

That's because you just spent some time back east and forgot how great it was.

Not sure where you are headed with this? While I appreciate yours, along with EVEYONES info, I like to explore all options. I must have had the same "SPECIAL" pcm in my Black Truck that you had in yours, because it DID NOT have Cats and it passed. I didn't have to add anything, or get a Special tune. Again, I appreciate your help. It's not the first or last time I will be asking. As far as spending money goes, I gladly will, on what ever is going to get me to pass. :D

You got your truck back. WHY ARE YOU UPSET!?!?. Lol :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Finally got it through Emissions. SRT2SLO was Correct. Torrie gave me a tune (even he wasn't sure if it was going to work) I loaded it into the Truck, pulled my Secondary o2's and zip tied them to the Frame to simulate cats and everything came ready while driving to work today except the Evap system. Thanks ago for everyones suggestions. I hope this helps someone down the road!!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back