Tuner Help!!!!

mcdoogle1975

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of a reputable shop in upstate new york, that would be able to help with a tuner issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Paul.

I currently have an MPI tuner installed and the tune is set to run rich, so of course it's throwing a code. My issue is that the only person I know who can re-tune is about 6 hours away from me. I have been in contact with him but not realy getting anywhere. the tuner is old school and will not communicate with my laptop "old db9/com port connections" I'm looking for someone who can possibly work with the MPI or maybe suggest an alternative, say SCT Tuner. Keeping in mind my 10 is highly modified.
Thanks
Paul

Tator's Garage in South Salem, NY

Im not to familiar with SCT, but do you think they can program a tuner for these mods? Paxton Supercharger,DC Blower Flash/ PCM,170 T-Stat,X-Metal lowering Kit,X-metal Gen X Shifter, X-Metal Cat-Less Mid Pipes,Magnaflow Cat Back,AEM A/F Gauge, Boost Gauge, Cal Tracs,JMB Valve Covers, Pipes and Catch Can,CenterForce Clutch,Fidanza Flywheel,Bassani Headers,Raptor,Dc Performance Air Box,X-Metal Throttle Body,4:56 Gears,JMB Grill Kit,X-Metal Fuel Rails,EBC Rotors,X-Metal Heat Exchanger,Aeromotive fuel system,Custom Intercooler, Fully Forged Internals.
More mods below.

Last edited:
Paxton Novi 2000 supercharger,CP pistons, Manley Pro Beam rods, Pro Flow valves,billet mains, port and polish heads, multi angle valve job, cylinder hone block, Harlen Sharp roller rockers, billett supercharger pulley, Custom comp cam, Clevite bearings, JTSVP coil pack, Goodridge stainless oil lines, brake lines,power steering lines, Custom air/h2o intercooler, X metal heat exchanger, extra fuel injector installed in single blade throttle body, MPI tuner, xmetal fuel rails, JMB dual fuel pump, Weldon fuel regulator, Dc Performance air induction box, Full JMB powder coated fluid reserviors, JMB line lock.

You best bet is to have the MPI removed and go with an SCT. There are several tuners such as Chris Jensen that can assist by doing a remote tune. You find a local dyno facility and he "sits in" on the session and writes the tune that way.

I saw this truck in person and the previous owner explained to me that the tune was so rich that every time you go wide open throttle the check engine light came on. Overall, that is a very clean truck you have there and once you get the tuning worked out it will be a beast.

Exactly my issue, will not pass NY State inspection. Sounds like the best way to go is to remove the MPI and go with the SCT.

Thank you all, for advice. I will start looking into it today.
Thanks again
Paul

no problem. I did it in exchange for videos of the truck beating up on cars that should be faster when it's done. ;)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back