Turbo Gurus

SNAKEGUTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thinkin about buildin a twin turbo set up for my 06 rc. Engine will be forged.

Will use two Turbonetics GT-K 550s.

Will fab a bolt on mount to the end of my Belenger headers.

Then from turbos to high flow cats out the magnaflow with no muffler.

Intake pipin will travel up to front through dual intercoolers then to intake.

Will also need to run intake duct to turbos, have not got that figured out yet. Maybe build some sort of intake box under the bed and route to turbos.

Fuel system will be upgraded.

Tranny is ready.

Will need a turbo tune. Plan will be to get one of the vendors to make me a safe break in tune so I can get the truck to a dyno after putin some easy miles on her.

QUESTIONS.

1. Long tube headers vrs short for turbos?

2. Muffler or mufflers, any turbo guys use um?

3. Oxygen sensors, before or after turbos?

4. Blow of valve and Wastegate, do I need both? And where is the best location in the system for them? BOV near the intake and wastegate near the turbo? Also what size-44mm bov and 50mm wastegate?

Any help on these questions or advice would be awsome!:D VTCOA ROCKS!:rock:

I'm new to the TT's:D It won't be long before some of the fellers chime in;)

Some pics of the demo / construction.:D

Attachments

• G1 032.jpg
    G1 032.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 49
  • G1 031.jpg
    G1 031.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 86
turbos hate restriction no muffler no cats as few bends as possible your gonna have to run 2 wastegates might be better off with one big intercooler just a thought dont go past 700whp or you will go kablooey sounds like a cool project

Motor will be fully forged with 9.2:1 pistons.

505 are you runnin a blow off valve or just the wastegate on your turbo?

505'sFastestViper. said:
billet mains and head studs too..please yeah you should be able to make some good powerwhat mm are the turbos

I have looked at many turbos and am thinkin twin 66mm. I think I may have to watch the boost as I know the big hp engines are runnin lower comp ratio.

505'sFastestViper. said:

Ok. I see it now. The bov is over near your radiator pipe and the wastegate on the turbo. Wastegate to control boost level and bov to keep pressure out of the intake when throttle is closed?

SNAKEGUTS said:
Thinkin about buildin a twin turbo set up for my 06 rc. Engine will be forged.

Will use two Turbonetics GT-K 550s.

Will fab a bolt on mount to the end of my Belenger headers.

Then from turbos to high flow cats out the magnaflow with no muffler.

Intake pipin will travel up to front through dual intercoolers then to intake.

Will also need to run intake duct to turbos, have not got that figured out yet. Maybe build some sort of intake box under the bed and route to turbos.

Fuel system will be upgraded.

Tranny is ready.

Will need a turbo tune. Plan will be to get one of the vendors to make me a safe break in tune so I can get the truck to a dyno after putin some easy miles on her.

QUESTIONS.

3. Oxygen sensors, before or after turbos?

4. Blow of valve and Wastegate, do I need both? And where is the best location in the system for them? BOV near the intake and wastegate near the turbo? Also what size-44mm bov and 50mm wastegate?

Any help on these questions or advice would be awsome!:D VTCOA ROCKS!:rock:

Short.

Techincally, turbos will act as mufflers, no need for muffler unless you want to quiet it down, but as stated previously, you want the least restriction possible.

3. Oxygen sensors, before or after turbos? 12" after turbo's

No if's, and's, or butt's you have to have wastegate(s). They control the turbo(s). BOV is completly optional, BUT it will provide turbo longevity. All a BOV does is vent off the pressure in the intake tract. When the throttle slams shut, the BOV will vent all pressurized air so that it doesnt backfeed through turbo.

I highly recommend Tial wastegates and BOV's. Be careful before purchasing. Make sure you get them from a reputable dealer. There are a lot of Tial knock offs out there that are hard to tell they are fake. 2 - 44 mm wastegate will be plenty enough to handle your application, one on each turbo will be fine. 2-50 mm wastegates would be overkill.

Any help on these questions or advice would be awsome!:D VTCOA ROCKS!:rock:[/

Back