Twin Turbo OR SuperCharger

BlackVenom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good Morning everyone from Arizona!!! Little bored at work soo im going to start a thread. What is everyones input on either a supercharger or a twin turbo set-up for our trucks. Ill start, I like the sounds of a superchargers whine ( if i spelled that right hah ) but in terms of power it is instant, but also draws away power due to the belt drive... The Twin Turbo set-up however is cool because it can be a sleeper and be just as instant as a supercharger if you tune it right and the sound can be amazing, but also it can put out alot more power then a supercharger if done correctly and more effiicient then a super charger, How ever it is costly to get going i beleive..

So what are some of your guy's opinions on a Twin Turbo or a SuperCharger, and why for our motors.. Have fun with this! Cause im greatly thinking a Twin Turbo Set up after i build my motor a little more!

Happy Super Bowl! :rock:

I would say shpercharger but imma little bias... i like sound of turbo more.... mine doesnt whine at least not loud like most... mines like a toy i dont race or anything but imo i like supercharger for the use of my truck.. but like i said turbo sounds way!!! Better

yeah very true, now ive heard that its like 30,000$ to do a twin turbo set up due to the engine you have to beef up and everything... is there a min boost level you can do on a stock engine? or not recommended

Go with the Procharger, it has a scream like no other, makes the paxton sound like a wounded baby mouse..

we cant do turbo's or superchargers or anything here in Belgium.
its against the law to convert ur cars or trucks.

but i saw in Holland once a Cherokee SRT8 with Hennessey twin turbo , and this thing sounds and drove brutal :rock:

but i saw in Holland once a Cherokee SRT8 with Hennessey twin turbo , and this thing sounds and drove brutal :rock:

Really?! :( that sucks, what happens if it come from the factory with one? or those cars just arnt available? also how much are prochargers going for our trucks? might be a way of adding power before i do the twins :drool::rock:

Go with the Procharger, it has a scream like no other, makes the paxton sound like a wounded baby mouse..

Ditto. I love the ProCharger, had one on a car I used to own. It was loud as shit, plus had a BOV, sounded really nice. Made good power too for a 4 banger car and on these trucks they make really good power and have lower IAT than the Roe.

Really?! :( that sucks, what happens if it come from the factory with one? or those cars just arnt available? also how much are prochargers going for our trucks? might be a way of adding power before i do the twins :drool::rock:

$6999 from JMB Performance for the turnkey kit that will get you a good 600+whp and is safe on stock internals. He also has more of a "tuner" ProCharger kit that starts at $6499 and goes up from there but is designed for a bunch of add-ons so you can get up around 1000whp and is not designed for stock internals

Spray it and buy a whistle $400 for spray $1whistle done

LMFAO..... That is classic!

I'd move if that was the law here in the states! Hell, that's no fun Sammy!

BlackVenom, There is nothing like having a turbo but it's not cheap. You will need (2) Turbo's, (2) Wastegates, Blow Off valve, Intercooler, Injector upgrade, custom headers and crosspipe made, custom exhaust, boost controller, engine management system, fuel system, fully built motor (Heads - Cam Package), suspension to handle that kind of power, ect. ect. ect. Atleast $30,000 if your going to buy good stuff and not junk! Good Luck

Last edited:
Roe quoted me 20k for their TT setup. That of course was just for the TT, not including install, tuning, built motor, trans, etc. Shit gets expensive, fast. Best bang for your buck is probably the Paxton.

I was gonna build a twin turbo system. After alot of research i found that it is hard to keep engine together long term unless you keep rpms down for the most part. My plan was to use holset 40's or 45's. Custom build manifolds. Roe can tune you truck for this and they have fuel pumps and injector as a complete kit.
I was questimating 4500 on the build. alot of math on the right turbo system. at 7psi i questimated 735hp and at 10psi 856 hp but that has to be determined on a dyno. I was simply wanting bragging rights.
I was thinking that if i had enough skill to build turbo system then why not beef up the block too well that just another 4 or 5k.
homemade turbo can be done and done resonably priced.
Over the counter turbo system-paxton
Roe racing sells a system for 8k
I'm currently thinking 710 cam from Roe 2500 dollars DIY. Thump Thump Thump sounds good too. Nothing sounds like the "whistle" and blow off vavles. PSSSSS!
Got to love the Quote Buy $400 Spray and a $1 whistle. LMAO!!!!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back