Twisted center differential

572mopar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i seen a srt10 qc at a car lot parked in the service lot so i went to look and asked what was wrong with it, all the salesman said was it needs a new driveshaft and pinion yoke and he didnt know any other info, i asked if it happen during a test drive or did a worker take it for a so cal run to lunch deal, he didnt know and said it would prolly go to an auction as it didnt have cats on it either and it was a trade-in, so i walk up and crawled under and holy shi- the center diff had spun upward with the axles in stock static location with the leaf springs and tore the yoke and driveshaft off and beat the gas tank gaurd to death and nearly tore off the muffler, it clearly had to be a dead stop hard launch and broke the plug welds, it didnt have a kicker shock or pullbar on top of the diff but who knows if that wouldve stopped it from happening, the welds on the spring perches were still intact as it was a lowered truck, if it were a test drive then dam lot shouldnt be letting ppl test drivem by themselves or if it were a sales man then shame on that a--hole for driving it that way, anyhow all you 10 owners may outa consider adding a few small welds to the diff and axles, iv seen this happen on race cars but never on a street car or truck, im gunna try and go back and take pics.

I'm pretty sure this is the longest single sentence on the vtcoa.

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

Probably a hack job lowering kit. Plenty of us have launched HARD with either DR's or slicks and not had this problem.

i went back after work this evening it looks like the perches from the lowering kit is where the twisting happened, it was dark last night when i first looked, i got some pics ill have to download from camera, windows 10 sux i shoulda left my system alone it was ezr and quicker

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back