Ty Tech Performance

jman08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey guys im really just posting this to let other tennessee members know if they already didn't but my town has a performance shop now their website is Home the owner is from the town i live in. he's a great guy and as a matter of fact he has a "10. The truck does not show on there sight idk why but i've talked to him and they've been racing it and they've installed twin88's on the truck im going friday to check it out i'll take pictures. anyway the guy builds engines! i just thought this was cool cause im in a small town just nice to have some1 very local where i can have work done

I've heard of them. I think DBR mentioned to me something about them. I mentioned wanting P&P heads and he said he gets all his headwork done through TY Tech Performance IIRC.

Wow thats awesome ive heard nothing but good things bout this guy excited to talk with him tmrw.. i do know a viper tech in chapel hill recommended him.. im also curious to see how he has the shop... it use to be a run down ford dealership.

yep I read an article after doing some google searches when I heard about the place. I figured if he can do heads why go through DBR lol, cut out the middle man.

Yea for real lol i know im gonna let him do labor from now on cause they have general labor as well. Which will help me out.

DBR's labor rate is ridiculous...120/hr and even though he gives military discount, he's still expensive. He wanted $1465 to install my headers/mids/catback and a lowering kit. JMB quoted me like 800 bucks. Thanks DBR, but no thanks.

Got any questions you want me to ask them for you??

Yeah check with him and see if he's comfortable doing adjustments with the Paxtons, such as belt swaps, pulley changes, general supercharger maintenance. That would benefit us both. I can't drive 11 hours to Scott for everything lol. Would like to establish a dedicated performance shop for our trucks in TN that's a little easier on the wallet than DBR. Ask him too what he would charge for a headers/mids/catback install.

Will do!! I can almost guarantee hes not gonna near dbr prices!!! Like i said hes in a small town so i know his rate wont be huge... i guess itll go up more the serious u get but yea ill ask and get back with ya.

awesome dude, thank you so much. I'd like to get my exhaust stuff put on before I go to Texas.

DBR's labor rate is ridiculous...120/hr and even though he gives military discount, he's still expensive. He wanted $1465 to install my headers/mids/catback and a lowering kit. JMB quoted me like 800 bucks. Thanks DBR, but no thanks.

Ill do it for $300 :rock:

Thats really good to know. Thats not too far out of my way either. Thanks for the heads up.

Update: toured they're shop... awesome just awesome!!! They have 1 10 they are working on now omg! Lol its sick! I only have one picture to show and its not great i got caught up talking to him about my truck i forgot pictures lol he mentioned tony said hes sold him plenty of parts off the 10 and tony has also sold him many parts!

Last edited:
sounds like a good shop for our trucks then. Maybe do a g2g there

Mmm lol maybe a small gtg. It should be cool cause the towns park is located right in front of there shop... the truck they have there suppposely the owner is.from the.mountains and is.racing around some mountain anyway the have totally rebuilt the chassis. They have a 5 inch drop.in rear cause owner wants to run (i.think) 5 inch.wider tires in the back. They were really nice!! Really explanatory! And told me they could do the side exhaust no problem!

lol well we'll figure something out. Thanks for going out there and checking the shop out.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back