typing while driving in navi radio

vaderSrt10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate having to pull over and stop to type in a town or street in my navigation radio. Anyone know of a way to bypass that. I know this kind of stuff is done on aftermarket tv's and dvd players so you can watch the headunit and drive at the same time. Not that it the safest thing to do, but that is besides the point. Anyhow any advise would help. I am pretty sure its the rb4 unit. Not the huge unit that has a full navi screen. It's the smaller one.

as far as I know, it can't be bypassed because it uses GPS to detect your movement.

vaderSrt10 said:
I hate having to pull over and stop to type in a town or street in my navigation radio. Anyone know of a way to bypass that. I know this kind of stuff is done on aftermarket tv's and dvd players so you can watch the headunit and drive at the same time. Not that it the safest thing to do, but that is besides the point. Anyhow any advise would help. I am pretty sure its the rb4 unit. Not the huge unit that has a full navi screen. It's the smaller one.

I'd be interested as well. I have the full size nav unit in my 2006. Any type of bypass hack available for this model? Thanks in advance...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back