Tyres...?

Sammy11

Supporting Member
Reaction score
again a thread on tyres...:D

i need a new set , was very pleased with the Continentals 305 / 45 / 22.
even in wet they where outstanding.

but i dont drive alot in wet , so what is another good tyre on dry roads and for 1 or 2x a years to go to the strip for a couple run's...?

Sammy,

the DUNLOP Sport Maxx 305/40/22 are fine.
Quit soft, so very good traction but they loose quit fast
profile thickness when driven hard.

Pirellis are too hard (just my 2 cents) for our truck, long lasting
but too hard to grab good....v

I agree with the stockers being too hard. I went with yokohama parada spec-x. Seem great so far, excellent traction and launch grip

Got 47,000 miles out of 2 Goodyear Fortera 305-45-22. Never on the strip and 98% highway with an occasional WOT at a signal light to play with those wind up cars/trucks. I have 50% tread left at 37,000 on the other 2. I'm more concerned with good tread on high speed highway travel. Seems to have good grip at launch but I am no expert on this issue. Crapola, I ain't an expert on anything but that is why I have a Scott in my bag of tricks. :D

I have Continentals now and I'm happy with them. I had Bridgestones prior to that and they were excellent all around.

Sammy and I both have the issue that some of the tires/brands that you
can drive are not available in Europe.

For me its a even bigger problem as i can only drive tires with the right speed
rating (W or Y) as we dont have a speed limit and we have to have tires
on our trucks/cars that can handle max speed.....

I run Continental DW's and they are pretty good rain or dry. They have an appropriate speed rating as well. Way, way better than the stock perellies. And they wear pretty well also.

--CC

I run Yokohama spec-x, here in colorado weather changes like crazy. But dry or wet they work really good.

Trainman was able to get 4 Kumbo/Marshall's & I got two of them from him. They are 325/40/22's & have been great tires so far. I haven't been able to find a perfect tire for the rain & snow, but that's not a big deal here in Phoenix.

Trainman was able to get 4 Kumbo/Marshall's & I got two of them from him. They are 325/40/22's & have been great tires so far. I haven't been able to find a perfect tire for the rain & snow, but that's not a big deal here in Phoenix.
Do you happen to have any pics of what that tire looks like on the wheel? I have been wanting to get a set of tires that wide for the rear but have been skeptical of how they would look. Would love to see some pics if possible.

"going mach 2 with my hair on fire!"

I have a tenant that has a Tuffy store. They fitted a set of Khumo tires ( 2nd set ) for me.... Now some will jump and have some choice words:D But I have done 80k with these boots and as long s they are rotated no complaints for $750 mounted and balanced .... My 02.:rock:

thewelshm

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back