U-Pipe

Psycho Mythic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody know where a good place to get 4 mandrel bent 3" 90's or 2 mandrel bent 3" u-pipes? Gonna start piecing together the parts to run side exhaust, maybe we could even do a group buy somewhere? Maybe im just wishful thinking :dontknow:

10banger said:
I'd be interested in a group buy as I'm really wanting the side exhaust. The only problem is I have to have cats here in my county in TN.....
It really shouldnt be hard to keep your cats, especially if the exhaust shop is any good ;)

When I put the cut outs in I planned on running the exhaust down the sides and bringing it out just below where all the side exhaust guys are putting theres. Might try to get this done before PCB.
I want it sorta tucked up and hidden aiming down so you don't see it. Right in front of the rear tires. Maybe have to paint the tips of the pipe black.

walbert said:
When I put the cut outs in I planned on running the exhaust down the sides and bringing it out just below where all the side exhaust guys are putting theres. Might try to get this done before PCB.
I want it sorta tucked up and hidden aiming down so you don't see it. Right in front of the rear tires. Maybe have to paint the tips of the pipe black.
That would be pretty sweet, but sometimes these truck throw flames :D could be a nice way to heat up the tires :p

Psycho Mythic said:
That would be pretty sweet, but sometimes these truck throw flames :D could be a nice way to heat up the tires :p
That's one way to do it.:rock:

The side exhaust is the sickest on our truck! I just dont feel comfortable cutting into the truck like that!

it's simple! very simple you can run cats easyly i'll seeif i cannot find some pictures of the trucks that i've done from here and maybe i can help you out.. i can also get mandrel bent pipe from a place here in town of hillsboro it really depends on what you want
i'll get some pictrues up to give you an idea

Tooloe said:
it's simple! very simple you can run cats easyly i'll seeif i cannot find some pictures of the trucks that i've done from here and maybe i can help you out.. i can also get mandrel bent pipe from a place here in town of hillsboro it really depends on what you want
i'll get some pictrues up to give you an idea
The hardest part to get will be the plates on the side. Any info on parts or prices would be awesome help ;)

Here are some pics of another install i found:

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34904&page=6

Ive got pretty much any 90 or 180 bend from 1.75 to 4" in stock in aluminized, alot in stainless, and everything from 2.5 to 6" in aluminum 90's.
Justin

With all the stock exhaust cut off this is what it should look like
S6300796.jpg

S6300797.jpg

This is on the driver side but this is the place we are trying to get the pipe threw
S6300800.jpg

Here is where you can see how the pipes must be bent to get them out going down the frame rails it pretty much looks like an S
S6300806.jpg

a diffrent angle looking forward looking at the same S
S6300810.jpg

Here is a picture of the 4" tip
S6300805.jpg

S6300809.jpg

heres a picture of a piece of the bed removed this is a must if you want to fit anything bigger than 2.5" pipe if you run the pipe this way
S6300801.jpg

H Pipe Between the 2 Pipes
S6300920.jpg

let me know if you guys need anything else!

Good pics toole, it would suck to have to pull the tranny with that setup though :eek:

Im gonna send you a pm sir Justin :D

Psycho Mythic said:
Good pics toole, it would suck to have to pull the tranny with that setup though :eek:

Im gonna send you a pm sir Justin :D
i replaced the clutch with this exhaust set up... trany slid right out the back! didn't even unbolt the exhaust

Tooloe said:
yeah i'll shoot you a PM this after noon man... got busy last nigth studying for a test:(

Thats cool, im in no hurry man ;)

Tooloe said:
i replaced the clutch with this exhaust set up... trany slid right out the back! didn't even unbolt the exhaust

Nice, why did you add that center pipe? To equalize the exhaust pressure :dontknow:

10banger said:
Hey Brohan, what mufflers are you going to use or are you not going to use any?? I'm looking into getting some Corsa Mufflers.... but they are high as hell!
Im gonna keep my powersticks, i love'em too much :rock: i dont see any problem with them fitting ;)

Im gonna look up some corsa sound clips though, i just wanna hear them...

Psycho Mythic said:
Im gonna keep my powersticks, i love'em too much :rock: i dont see any problem with them fitting ;)

Im gonna look up some corsa sound clips though, i just wanna hear them...

Check this out dude - it may change your mind..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W920XcvPL7I

The hard thing is to find a set for under $200 a piece.... I really don't know which one to use either because the majority of them are made for V8's and IDK if that will affect the sound or what...

I really want the side exhaust set up but I also want something similar to the sound of the billy boat system. I'm thinking that this is the closest way of getting it but IDK.... anyone have any suggestions???

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back