Uhaul-Penske FAIL

JeffBoyette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Booking my moving truck. Neither penske or uhaul will allow me to haul my truck with their trailers using their biggest moving truck. WTF do i do? Auto transport the thing?

I had read up on that before moving from VA to CO. They dont have a trailer that can handle our trucks. So I pulled a 6x12 fully loaded from VA to CO. Cost me $720 in gas and 1600+ miles on my truck. Depending on where you are moving to, get a couple of quotes from car shipping companies. I got quoted $1050 to bring my 55 Ford F100 from PA to CO.

Booking my moving truck. Neither penske or uhaul will allow me to haul my truck with their trailers using their biggest moving truck. WTF do i do? Auto transport the thing?

i had that problem once also.

i just tell them im moving a geo metro....... if they ask or see you later on then say that you moved it already and just bought that truck.

From what I remember, the trailers are not approved for the weight of our trucks. There was also something about not being able to open the doors because where it lined up with the trailer wheels.
With that being said, I don't think I would want to drive any kind of distance with my truck on top of something that can't handle the weight. :dontknow:

From what I remember, the trailers are not approved for the weight of our trucks. There was also something about not being able to open the doors because where it lined up with the trailer wheels.
With that being said, I don't think I would want to drive any kind of distance with my truck on top of something that can't handle the weight. :dontknow:

James (Demon8) I believe used it . maybe contact him ..

Link---- http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/f17/finally-headed-home-41772/

Last edited:
I had no issues getting one from uhaul:confused:

Ok... now tell me what you did.

They require year make and model and vin of the vehicle your hauling. When you do it online it doesnt allow you to order one. It says it wont fit. When you call the uhaul store, they enter the same info in their system and they too say you cant haul it.

I can haul the SRX on a dolly, but i gotta remove the driveshaft. Uhaul wants over 470 bucks for a tandem and 260 for a dolly. But they say it wont fit on the tandem

Budget truck rental, not only had a $500 cheaper moving truck, they also will allow me to tow the SRX, with a trailer that is $210 cheaper. Holy hell. Budget lives up to the name.

Budget truck rental, not only had a $500 cheaper moving truck, they also will allow me to tow the SRX, with a trailer that is $210 cheaper. Holy hell. Budget lives up to the name.

:rock::rock::rock:

Ok... now tell me what you did.

They require year make and model and vin of the vehicle your hauling. When you do it online it doesnt allow you to order one. It says it wont fit. When you call the uhaul store, they enter the same info in their system and they too say you cant haul it.

I can haul the SRX on a dolly, but i gotta remove the driveshaft. Uhaul wants over 470 bucks for a tandem and 260 for a dolly. But they say it wont fit on the tandem

Correct me if im wrong, but can you just give them the year make model and vin of like a buddys car or something and then put your truck on it when you leave?

Correct me if im wrong, but can you just give them the year make model and vin of like a buddys car or something and then put your truck on it when you leave?

Sure you are right... However the records go with the paperwork on the rental. When you go state to state, some of them have dmv inspection and weigh stations, and they will look at the paperwork and see im over GVW.

Also if anything was to happen and i get in a wreck. I will be full responsible for damages. insurance wont cover it if i fraudulently rent it.

Sure you are right... However the records go with the paperwork on the rental. When you go state to state, some of them have dmv inspection and weigh stations, and they will look at the paperwork and see im over GVW.

Also if anything was to happen and i get in a wreck. I will be full responsible for damages. insurance wont cover it if i fraudulently rent it.

oooooooooh yeah didnt think about the inspections and stuff. That would be a big time hasstle. Damn man what a PITA

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back