Underhood pics of my 10! It's done!

GutsyGecko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everyone told me I was crazy when I picked this color scheme. What do you guys think now? The only thing left to do is to get around to moving the battery under the bed.

image.jpg

And a pic of the recon tails/3rd.

image-1.jpg

And I got the plate I wanted!

What do you guys think?

Its…..different. Not everyone will like it, but who cares its your truck. I will say that it is very well done, not cheap spray painted parts like under my hood. :D Looks good bro

Actually, I did spray paint the manifold! It's hemi orange vht engine enamel. That's a great compliment that I did so good on it though! Thanks! I wanted to do something that you have never seen under a hood before. I think it came out really good for how clown like it could have come out.

Yup, its what you want that matters bro. It'll get attention at car shows and whatnot for sure. :rock:

Well hell, looks good for spray! I literally spray painted parts while they were still on lol, fortunately for me it turned out really good. You gonna keep the Lakers theme going on the rest of the truck or is that it?? :confused:

That was a ballsy paint scheme, but I kinda like the way it turned out. Job well done :rock:

If you were a famous well known former LSU athlete of some variety maybe. But since I'm guessing you're not, I don't like it.

But more than the colors themselves, what I actually don't like is that there's enough of each color to make it hard to determine what the dominant color is supposed to be. I'm certainly not an authority on this stuff or an artist, but to me, when going with a scheme one color has to stick out as the main color while the other color accents it. For instance, on my intake mani and valve covers, JMB is doing them all in wrinkle black, but the Viper letters will be the same orange as in my emblem in my avatar and as my brake calipers. So on my entire truck the dominant color, which is obvious, is black, but the accent color, sparkle orange metallic, is tastefully placed in key spots to both break up the black a little and "pop", but it all ties together. On yours I think the intake mani needs to be purple too and the Viper letters the orange and the radiator hard pipe purple as well. Orange letters with the little spark plug boots and then everything else purple would have tied in nice IMO.

Last edited:
Different strokes for different folks. I'm not a big fan of blacked out trucks, but there are a ton of them out there. As long as you like it that is all that matters. M2C

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back