Unexpected Clutch Problem !!!

Black Venom-'04

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So i went to jiffy lube today to get my tires rotated and half way threw it..a mechanic came up to me and told me my clutch pedal broke...i didnt know exactly what he was saying so he explaned it to me.. he was finished with my truck and when to put into gear and the clucth pedal went straight to the floor....what luck ?!:mad: ...well luckly for me the guy used to work at a dodge dealership and knew what the problem was ...apparently there is a little plastic peice that connects the pedal to the master clucth cylinder...its a cheap peice of plastic ....im suprise dodge didnt have a recall on it ...but i have to buy the whole clucth assembly .....well i ordered the piece and im out of my truck for 3 days...the guy at jiffy lube knew someone at dodge so i got a good deal on the price ...ill keep you updated

DAMM - that suck - Glad you can get it fixed in a jiffy

they recall things safety related.
if the clutch didn't work, you just step on the brakes, unless you own a toyota, then you don't know what to do....

Black Venom-'04 said:
So i went to jiffy lube today to get my tires rotated and half way threw it..a mechanic came up to me and told me my clutch pedal broke...i didnt know exactly what he was saying so he explaned it to me.. he was finished with my truck and when to put into gear and the clucth pedal went straight to the floor....what luck ?!:mad: ...well luckly for me the guy used to work at a dodge dealership and knew what the problem was ...apparently there is a little plastic peice that connects the pedal to the master clucth cylinder...its a cheap peice of plastic ....im suprise dodge didnt have a recall on it ...but i have to buy the whole clucth assembly .....well i ordered the piece and im out of my truck for 3 days...the guy at jiffy lube knew someone at dodge so i got a good deal on the price ...ill keep you updated
not a big fan of the whole adjustable electric pedals in these trucks..... lot's of plastic that will break rather easily...... i was bleeding my brakes standing outside the truck while pressing with 1 foot inside.... broke da beotch......:( (covered under warranty@ da time.......:) )

they can't take ANY side pressure @ all - - - beware. :(

moparracing said:
not a big fan of the whole adjustable electric pedals in these trucks..... lot's of plastic that will break rather easily...... i was bleeding my brakes standing outside the truck while pressing with 1 foot inside.... broke da beotch......:( (covered under warranty@ da time.......:) )

they can't take ANY side pressure @ all - - - beware. :(

Yep, had mine replaced last year. I think you were the one that told me about all the plastic crap at the pedals. Just a little pressure from the side then....snap. Its no fun when the brake goes side to side.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back