Upgrade Infinity???

Cudajon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does Infinity make a better sub that will fit in our sub-box? I know they have the Kappa line for our component speakers, but I was wondering about the sub whilst keeping the stock look.

Thanks.

The stock box is plastic. If you're going to change the sub build a better box it will sound much better IMO

A regular 10’’ sub should fit, but there isn’t enough power to push it.You will need to upgrade the amp too. With our factory stuff its kinda hard. I just swapted the stock head unit for a after market. Also to keep it stock look into a JL clean sweep. It makes your stock head perform like an aftermarket stereo.

you cannot swap out the sub, you must swap out the sub and amp together...the stock amp is " synced" to only work with the factory sub...at least thats what i experienced when changing out my system.

guinnessboy said:
you cannot swap out the sub, you must swap out the sub and amp together...the stock amp is " synced" to only work with the factory sub...at least thats what i experienced when changing out my system.
BULLSHIT I HAVE THE FACTORY AMP WITH A KICKER SUB YOU MUST CUT THE BOX SO AN AFTER MARKET SUB WILL FIT AND ONLY USE THE LEFT SIDE WIRES WHEN SUB IS FACING YOU(DONT USE THE RIGHT SIDE WIRES CAP THEM THIS WILL BLOW THE AMP) I TRY POSTING A DYI BUT THE MODS PULLED IT OUT OF VEIWING

How did that 10in kicker sound? I was looking at a solobaric is that what you have?

I STAND CORRECTED, IT DIDNT WORK FOR ME....AND I DONT SEE A NEED TO PUT ANOTHER SUB IN, IF YOU ARE GOING TO PUT IN ANOTHER SUB CHANGE OUT THE AMPS.....ITS SAYS 500 WATTS..THATS BS....REAR AMP FOR SUB IS PUSHING ABOUT 75 AT MOST AND WONT POWER ANY DECENT SUB.

JeffBoyette said:
How did that 10in kicker sound? I was looking at a solobaric is that what you have?
it a kicker cvr
just like this http://www.nextag.com/Kicker-Comp-V...rices-html?nxtg=18340a240536-F912D71203989714
belive it or not it kicks pretty hard with the stock amp i put it in my dads truck. it not real hard but it shakes the rearveiw.
in my truck i have a jcv nx5000 tv/w nav and two jl 12inchs that will turn the rearveiw sideways

heres what you have to do hopefully it wont get deleted.
on the back of sub theres two red and two black posts (on new sub) you need to bridge one post run speaker wire to one red one black
now pull old sub out and mod plastic box till new sub fits.
now with the fac wires pull towards you right side should be longer leave fac connects on that part.
clip and splice left side green goes to pos black to neg
test sub
if works mount and silcone sub in place

Last edited:
Back