upgrade on truck

darryl

Reaction score
not real familiar with the computer upgrade, what do ya'll recommend and how much horsepower gain is there? where to get them at? also do they void your warranty? thanks

Having a QC you will benefit greatly from a flash. These trucks come detuned from Dodge. Check this out to get a better idea of what the flash does. http://www.bgchrysler.com/Service/High_Performance_B_G_Flash/high_performance_b_g_flash.html Now DC performance and Boomer both add their own twist to the flash so you can go with your choice. The gain is not in max HP/TRQ but in the lower RPM band. So the truck will pull much harder then before the flash. I recommend getting a whole new PCM. This will allow you to throw in the stock PCM if you need warranty work or want to tow. Does this help?

so even if you buy one from DC they will still give you warranty trouble?
thanks for your help, DJ

Daryl if you have a Rc the results will be minimal, but good.

What they do on a RC is a fuel mixture change, timing, and when the fan temp comes on.

If you have a QC the results are great.
The do the same as the RC but timing is greatly changed like Low says they are detuned greatly from the factory.
They also change the RPM limit to the same as the RC and the trq managment program as well as shift points., results are pretty dang impressive.

It doesnt matter if you get the flash from X-metal, DC performance or any other vendor they do about the same. It would be good to tell them what fuel(91or93 octane) is available in your area and where you are in the US for elevation changes.

Most buy an extra PCM to swap out for warranty work, because no matter what the dealer will most likely give you a hassle, plus you dont want to take it in with the flashed computer and the dealer reflash it to stock:D

i looked on the site above and 550$ was the price, is that with exchange or straight up without exchange

darryl said:
i looked on the site above and 550$ was the price, is that with exchange or straight up without exchange

I think a new PCM is another $300 or so. Not positive on the price.

FlyingLow said:
Having a QC you will benefit greatly from a flash. These trucks come detuned from Dodge. Check this out to get a better idea of what the flash does. http://www.bgchrysler.com/Service/High_Performance_B_G_Flash/high_performance_b_g_flash.html Now DC performance and Boomer both add their own twist to the flash so you can go with your choice. The gain is not in max HP/TRQ but in the lower RPM band. So the truck will pull much harder then before the flash. I recommend getting a whole new PCM. This will allow you to throw in the stock PCM if you need warranty work or want to tow. Does this help?

Where can you get a new PCM (stock)? Does DC performance sell them... The parts guy will look at me pretty funny when I walk into the Dodge dealer to buy a new PCM... ;)

Black1 said:
Where can you get a new PCM (stock)? Does DC performance sell them... The parts guy will look at me pretty funny when I walk into the Dodge dealer to buy a new PCM... ;)

You can probably get one from DC or Boomer.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back