Upper radiator hose, spring and coolant color

Paul G

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a couple of cracks in the upper radiator hose, might be visable in the pic. Might just be scratches, or not, I dont know so I replaced it with a Goodyear hose. I have a question about the spring that was inside the hose. The spring was partly inside the radiator inlet. I would think that is not where it is supposed to be? I re installed it as far in to the hose as possible, so it would be in the center most area of the hose, where you would expect the hose to colapse. Is that right? Usually I would find the spring in the lower hose, not the upper. Also the hose was kind of soft. Pic of me pressing my thumb in to the hose, the new hose was very firm compared to this old one.

Last pic is of the coolant. Orange to redish color. It looks new. I dont know the history of the truck since I only bought it a month ago. The truck, an 05 QC, only has 44k on it. It looks to me like it was recently changed. Tests to 45 below on my coolant tester. I would expect coolant with 44k on it and more than a couple years old would be dark and dirty. Not clean looking. So I just put it back in. Thoughts?

IMG_1055.jpg

IMG_1057.jpg

IMG_1054.jpg

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back