UPS MAN DELIVERY! BM SHIFTER

avcts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It will go in tonight and be tested at the track Tomorrow.

I cant freakin wait.:vroam: :five: :beer:

Attachments

• MVC-009F.JPG
    MVC-009F.JPG
    124.9 KB · Views: 117
  • MVC-010F.JPG
    MVC-010F.JPG
    126.6 KB · Views: 109
I bet ur feelin luckier than a dog with three peckers. Have fun in stallin ur new shifter.

Yes, let us know how it goes.

I take it the other fix never came through or just didn't work.:dontknow:

Stretch

Yep,

Hurst said "It is what it is. This is what DC requested". I think after I took out a tranny, they felt alittle uncomfortable with helping me.:confused:

Around town, you would probably think the springs were great. But when at the track, powershifting at 5800, forget it. :mad:

I went back to stock(with shifter cut) and it was so much better for WOT shifting. I could just leave it the way that it is. Works pretty damn good. Should have been this way from the factory.

But for the price of the new BM, I just had to try it. You can adjust the length for even a shorter throw. Ill have it in tonight and I definately will be at the track tomorrow. Weather looks perfect. I feel a 12.8 coming.:)

avcts said:
Yep,

Hurst said "It is what it is. This is what DC requested". I think after I took out a tranny, they felt alittle uncomfortable with helping me.:confused:

Around town, you would probably think the springs were great. But when at the track, powershifting at 5800, forget it. :mad:

I went back to stock(with shifter cut) and it was so much better for WOT shifting. I could just leave it the way that it is. Works pretty damn good. Should have been this way from the factory.

But for the price of the new BM, I just had to try it. You can adjust the length for even a shorter throw. Ill have it in tonight and I definately will be at the track tomorrow. Weather looks perfect. I feel a 12.8 coming.:)

You want to donate your cut shifter to me?:D I promise I'll take good care of it!:D

Stretch

avcts said:
Do you have a spare? Ill cut and drill it for you....:)
If'n I had a spare, Id've cut and drilled it myself!:D :p

Nope, don't have one, least not one I want to cut....:eek:

Stretch

I can call my freind at the dealer. I can get near cost. Maybe i can buy 10 or so and get a deal for alot of people.

Let me know....

Safe to say you'll be using the stock handle with the B&M base?:confused:

Good Luck w/ it and let us know!:D

If interested in ordering please contact :

Chris McCollum
B&M Racing & Performance Products
818 882 6422 x214

Tell them your from the VTCOA and they'll give you the forum deal...

Thank You

RedSrt007

If you want a shorter stick for your original Hurst shifter get the Hurst 10" Part Number 5387991. You will have to enlarge the two mounting holes from 1/2" to 9/16" which is very easy to do with any hand drill.

If you don't have the propensity to drill it, ship it to me and paypal me $17, I will drill it and ship it back to you!

This stick will shorten your throw by 33% over stock, which is as much, or more than any aftermarket shifter. I use it everyday.

Summit part number HUU-5387991 $52.99

Hope this helps - john

Is it the same style and curve as the OE? It looks straight.

I would have definately tried that.

I just pulled the BM back out....dont ask...

Last edited:
John Stuttle said:
If you want a shorter stick for your original Hurst shifter get the Hurst 10" Part Number 5387991. You will have to enlarge the two mounting holes from 1/2" to 9/16" which is very easy to do with any hand drill.

If you don't have the propensity to drill it, ship it to me and paypal me $17, I will drill it and ship it back to you!

This stick will shorten your throw by 33% over stock, which is as much, or more than any aftermarket shifter. I use it everyday.

Summit part number HUU-5387991 $52.99

Hope this helps - john
dude you are so full of it, do the trig math on that, and you would see that you are so wrong its not even funny.
do you think BM and Me would go thru the trouble of making a complete shifter, when all we would have to do is see who could make the cheapest stick? this is the most retarded thing i have heard to date. go to a playground and look at a teeter totter sometime, so you can see what i am talking about with out having an engineering degree. i am going to throw mine in the trash, and start making shorter levers.

Last edited:
I have the hurst stick from Mustang! shifts good....stock bottom -
I will try to break it Saturday!

Attachments

• ramit 007.jpg
    ramit 007.jpg
    823.1 KB · Views: 58
  • ramit 003.jpg
    ramit 003.jpg
    739.1 KB · Views: 49
avcts said:
I got 20%. Any more than that, the shifter is on the floor.:eek:
you could bolt the knob to the shifter direct, and get 20.1%, then have your arm surgically lengthened to compensate. :D

Boomer - why do you castigate me every time I post this simple low cost mod?

I am not discussing shifter mechanisms. I am apprising fellow owners about a lever. As I, and hopefully you, learned in Physics 101, a lever is a device that is used to overcome resistance at a second point. It involves moving a load around a pivot (fulcrum)using force.

Now when you shorten the lever you shorten the distance from point A to B. This shorter lever will require more force (read energy) to get from point A to B, but the distance the lever travels will be shorter.

I am really surprised that you did not pick this up in your basic physics class. I guess that affirms I do not need a engineering degree to know simple laws of physics.

Your statement of " do the trig math on that" has no bearing or relevance in this simple physics concept. If you would like me to help you elucidate a mathematical problem, just let me know.

And does your statement "this is the most retarded thing i have heard to date." still stand?

By the way, where did you get your degree?

John

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back