Urgent Help Needed...Please

Well folks, I have an update for you...... It's not great news, but it is news:

A coupla days ago, we took Lynette for a follow up MRI. Today we had an appointment with the Lynette's neurologist.

The news was that some of the swelling in Lynette's left temporal region was not going down but actually increasing in size. This lends them to believe that the seizure was NOT caused by encephalitis, but more possibly by a brain tumor..... They're not sure.

But Lynette is going to have MRS (Spectroscopy) to get a better look at it.... She's has now been referred to the neurosurgeon for further study. He will study both the MRI and MRS and determine if he believes there is reason to do a brain biopsy (an overnight procedure).....

Her appointment with the neurosurgeon is on Monday.....

Keep her in your prayers, please.......

D

OCBob said:
We'll keep her and you in our thoughts Tim.

Thanks, Bob....

Frankly, there may be an upside in knowing the actual cause...

Then again, it is the specter of something quite severe.....

God bless us..... everyone...

D

Prayers sent ... we're here for ya both, Tim :rock: God bless and happy Thanksgiving :marchmellow:

Thoughts and prayers are still with you both Tim.

Yes, it is a double edged sword. But at least to me knowing what it is, is better than not knowing. Hopefully they will be able to attack and cure this.

Take care my friend.

Thoughts and prayers sent to you both...
Heres a bit of advise that I wish I had taken when I had my tumor..When the doctor talked to me about my surgery, my mind immediately went sorta numb..you hear "tumor" and somehow you sort of slip into neutral..as a result you sort of miss alot of what is being said..the thing that helped afterwards was that Dianne listened intently, asked questions and filled me in later..lol..I still dont remember all the details of everything, but Dianne does..BTW, she says she thinks my transmission is slipping ocasionally still..lol..So, for your part, listen to what the neuro guy says so you can fill in the gaps for Lynette later..write stuff down if you have to..Between all the gobbledeegook and geek speak, you will both be happy you did..

Matt is our poster child for getting past brain tumors!

Tim, God's will be done...but I am lobbying hard!

Tim,
We will hold you and Lynette up in prayer in my house. Peace be with you and your family.

Dale

Django said:
Well folks, I have an update for you...... It's not great news, but it is news:

A coupla days ago, we took Lynette for a follow up MRI. Today we had an appointment with the Lynette's neurologist.

The news was that some of the swelling in Lynette's left temporal region was not going down but actually increasing in size. This lends them to believe that the seizure was NOT caused by encephalitis, but more possibly by a brain tumor..... They're not sure.

But Lynette is going to have MRS (Spectroscopy) to get a better look at it.... She's has now been referred to the neurosurgeon for further study. He will study both the MRI and MRS and determine if he believes there is reason to do a brain biopsy (an overnight procedure).....

Her appointment with the neurosurgeon is on Monday.....

Keep her in your prayers, please.......

D

Our prayers are with you, I had an accident a few years ago, I got an MRI and they found a Cavernous Angioma in My Brainstem, unfortunately in a place of high risk to operate on. Basically like living with a time bomb in your head. If Lynette has the care that can be performed in the USA, I feel she will be blessed.

"God Bless"

Paul

Hey Y'all....

I just got on to see all the great words and wishes.... I'm happy that this didn't get buried.

From what I understand, the location of this brain anomaly (which is all it is, to our current knowledge) is in the left temporal lobe.... Which I understand is a "better" place to have a tumor. (if ya gotta have one). At least this is what our sister Laura the RN suggests.

But still, we won't know until we know....

Our son, Paul is taking this rather hard-God bless him. Poor kid is tough, just like his Mom..... I'll keep my arm around him as best I can and let him know that this isn't a death sentence.... That we know of...

Thanks to Matt and Dale for their words of wisdom and experience. As well as each and every one of you who've been so supportive... A guy knows who his friends are- even when their support is unspoken... I know that some folks just don't have the words.... We frequently feel so helpless in situations like this.....

Thanks for the love........... We'll get through this.

To God be the Glory....... somehow.............:eek: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back