Used SCT Tuner-NO Dyno!!!!!!

DIABLO_X22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just Bought A SCT Tuner 9550-NOW WHAT????????? Can I Plug It In And Change Settings, Or Do I Need A Dyno, Software???????? Honestly DO NOT KNOW!!!! Went On The Web Site, Not Too much Info There. Excited To Use It But Dont Want To Kill My Truck!!!!!! Anyone Know if There Are Some Things I Can Set And Others Stay Away From. It Doesnt Seem Like The Hypertech Ones For The Hemi's OR Are They??????? ANY, ALL INFORMATION WOULD BE APPRECIATED. Stinker- No Reply From That Info You Gave Me, Yet. So I Thought I Would Try This.

You will need to have tunes down loaded in to th tuner,call Sean at Roe racing he can set you up.

Who did you buy it from?...it would have to be loaded with your truck's SN to work....and it doesnt actually tune...it stores tunes that you can flash your PCM..

who did you buy it from? if you bought it direct from SCT then it will have no tune in it.

well if you had similar mods you could install the performance tune the prior owner had. I would find out who he had tune it then call them up and find out exactly was programmed into it. if your not happy with that tuner find another and have them program a tune. don't be surprised if some of the tuners want 150-300 for their custom tune though. heck your paying for their knowledge in tuning.
what's nice about the xcal2 is that tunes can be sent via email then uploaded to the tuner. good luck!

oh yeah, if his and your truck are different (auto/M6), you will definately need a new tune!

Last edited:
the tunes need to be vehicle specific period.

if the other guy had something you dont then it could def mess with your truck.

plus the tuner needs to have your info in the tuner.

the tunes as stated before are about $150 for three tunes, one tune is about $100

Stinker said:
the tunes need to be vehicle specific period.

if the other guy had something you dont then it could def mess with your truck.

plus the tuner needs to have your info in the tuner.

the tunes as stated before are about $150 for three tunes, one tune is about $100
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

actually I have allready spoke with him on this issue, I have the driver to download the tunes, and let him know I can either send him the driver, (which some def dont want to mess with:p ) or he can send it to me and I can get the tunes from torrie and download them for him.

but I def wouldnt download any tunes without knowing the specifics;)

it could be a $20,000 mistake

If you bought it from another member, the VERY FIRST THING you need to do (if you haven't done it already) is send it off to HAVE YOUR VIN programmed into it. While it's there, you may as well tell the tuner your mod list and have some tunes loaded onto it.

Roz-SRT said:
If you bought it from another member, the VERY FIRST THING you need to do (if you haven't done it already) is send it off to HAVE YOUR VIN programmed into it. While it's there, you may as well tell the tuner your mod list and have some tunes loaded onto it.

hell Jimi..Stinker already resolved his issues...:marchmellow: ;)

TNVIPER said:
hell Jimi..Stinker already resolved his issues...:marchmellow: ;)

:thefinger: :argh: :p :D

RED BRAKE LIGHT AND YELLOW ABS LIGHT ON AFTER TUNE!!!

So I Get The Tuner And Start The Flash, After It Said SUCCESSFUL! My Red "Brake" Light Came On Solid. Along With The Yellow "ABS" Light!!! Set It Back TO "Stock"-NO Help. (AND NO IT WAS NOT ON BEFORE!!!!!!!) Checked Brake Fluid, Lines, Hoses, Made Sure Parking Brake Was Up, Brake Pedal And Switch Up & Connected. Set It Back To Mid Grade Fuel Tune, STILL ON!!!! Checked Position Of Shifter, Applied Brake Pedal, Drove It, Let It Sit Started Again, Still ON. Owners MAnual, No Help, Alldata No Help, Mitchell/On Demand No Help. Grabbed My Snap On Solus Pr To Go Into Control Systems, Went Into ABS Module, 1 Code (I Didnt Write It Down) Something About VIN Mis Match????? Cleared Code Lights Went Off, Seems To BE Good TO Go!!!!!After All That And Being At The Shop Till 9 At Night-100% WORTH IT!!!!! Test Drive Had Me Smiling From Ear To Ear!!!!!!! Cant Wait Till The Next MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Guys!!!!!!!

The Results.

It Felt Like A Different Truck, Sounded Different, Well Worth It, I Wish I Did It Months Ago!!!! DO IT!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back