V10 SOUND! YOU GOTTA LISTEN TO THIS

Kuan505

Reaction score
HI BROTHERS,

I am a newbie here and trying to decide which exhaust system to put on.

I did a lot of search on every exhaust and header thread.

Here I found a real v10 sound on youtube and love it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGyeulXOCww&feature=fvwp&NR=1]Audi S8 V10 Start Up, Engine rev, & Pull Away - YouTube[/ame]

I'm just curious..can we have this similar sound on our V10??

Something to share would be appreciated.

Thanks!:)

Kuan

Sorry, Viper is odd firing 90 degree V10, the audi shares the same engine as the 5.2 Laborghini V10. Although they share the same firing characteristics, there are a couple differences. The 5.2 uses a 18° crankshaft to make it even fire, Also the lambo has 5 valves per cylinder and the 5.2 has much smaller and light weight rotational assemblies. This makes it a quick and high reving engine, with a distinct exhaust sound. The cam duration, lobe seperation angle, and lift gives it a very distinct sound, and we cannot replicate it.

That doesnt mean you cant get an exotic sound, or a lumpy muscle car sound. Its all in the exhaust system, and the cam you decide to put in it.

BTW, a real v10 sound... is the viper. The viper invented the technology, well dodge did in 1988 for the Ram 2500 and 3500. The 8.0L Magnum V10 came out in 94 and ran until 03. The viper used a similar casting as the magnum in 92, but used aluminum instead of iron. 03 was the first 8.3 that we run now.

Last edited:
sorry but it's not possible, judging from someone that has had 13 exhaust system on there truck. The viper v10 has a very unique sound. and YES i said i have been thu 13 different exhaust system to try to find that sound

best thing to do is leave the stock manifold on the truck remove the lower cats and add a magnaflow exhaust - best sound i was able to get out of all the exhaust systems i'v had. including my current system.

Hi JeffBoyette, do you have any sound clip of your exhaust system?

And thank you for the education of V10!!

so whats everybody's personal favorites for V10 exhaust? right now i cut the cats off of my truck (they were clogged) and i replaced the muffler with glasspacks. it sounds decent but it doesnt really have a deep throaty growl like im wanting.

use the search engine, there are a few threads.... hmm, a hundred threads on exhaust with sound clips. They are all subjective. Its what you like. Listen to them and match yours up. Performance difference on catbacks are negligible.

Randall's application is different than ours, so removing the cats is probably a good idea.

I have the Mopar Catback (made by Borla) on my 06. I also run stock manifolds and cats. I like the sound of it. Not sure how it would sound on a 8.0

in the ram 8.0 you can hear the individual cylenders fire a little easier than in a viper. so its got a more muscle-ish tone than the 8.3 in my opinion. i dont really like glasspacks but they seem to give the best tone for the 8.0. i'd rather run straight pipes but ya know... cops :D

Flowmaster 10 series delta force race mufflers will deepen your exhaust note without quieting it down. it will get rid of some of the harsh rasp of the glasspacks. You will be able to hear it count off at idle. Headers if you can find them will also bring it out, especially since you have warped manifold anyway.

yeah ebay has a stainless set for the 8.0 for about 90 bucks, the price scares me but everybody i've found with them say they work good and the welds are actually really decent. doug thorley used to make a set but they were like 500 dollar shorties. i really been lookin at cherry bomb extreme series. i got a friend runnin them on his 318 and they sound mean. real deep sound but you can distinctly hear the count even at higher rpm.

Sorry, Viper is odd firing 90 degree V10, the audi shares the same engine as the 5.2 Laborghini V10. Although they share the same firing characteristics, there are a couple differences. The 5.2 uses a 18° crankshaft to make it even fire, Also the lambo has 5 valves per cylinder and the 5.2 has much smaller and light weight rotational assemblies. This makes it a quick and high reving engine, with a distinct exhaust sound. The cam duration, lobe seperation angle, and lift gives it a very distinct sound, and we cannot replicate it.

That doesnt mean you cant get an exotic sound, or a lumpy muscle car sound. Its all in the exhaust system, and the cam you decide to put in it.

BTW, a real v10 sound... is the viper. The viper invented the technology, well dodge did in 1988 for the Ram 2500 and 3500. The 8.0L Magnum V10 came out in 94 and ran until 03. The viper used a similar casting as the magnum in 92, but used aluminum instead of iron. 03 was the first 8.3 that we run now.

Very well said Jeff:D

And Hell Yeah that Audi sounds nasty!

i think i might go with cherry bomb extreme mufflers, single in single out. i wanna do a side pipe style exhaust but have it hidden by the body like the 10's on here. i dont wanna cut the body tho..

i think i might go with cherry bomb extreme mufflers, single in single out. i wanna do a side pipe style exhaust but have it hidden by the body like the 10's on here. i dont wanna cut the body tho..

Cherry Bombs will be the worst choice you could possibly make on a V10! It will be raspy and tinny and sound like a straight piped V6:chain:
Chambered mufflers are the way to go IMO:burnout:

i dunno, the 8.0 has a different sound than the 8.3, with the glass packs i got now it sounds like a diesel with no turbo.. i like straight pipes tho... just too many Fockin cops in my town to do it haha the the cherry bomb extreme is a chambered muffler. single chamber but its baffled. my buddy has them on his 318 and it sound mean man.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back