Vacation Input - Help!

ChrisAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need your input. I waited until the last minute to decide on a ten day vacation spot and I leave in 30 days. Where is a good place to go on a FAMILY vacation the first two weeks of August? I live in Phoenix so I am looking for nice weather to escape the heat. Also, it has to be in the good old US of A. I don't have time to get a new passport as mine has expired 4 years ago. maybe your home town is the perfect place to be in August. Let me know guys.

If your family is anything like mine Sturgis is a great place to be in August hehehe. Seriously though, New England is a great place to take the family. Not sure of the ages of your kids, some of it might depend on that. You could also easily spend 10 days in the DC/Virginia area, there are even some amusement parks for the kids, and the sights around DC are good.

Come visit Florida :D :D

There's always Disney and SeaWorld if money is not that much of an issue :D :D :D

Plus, I'm sure if you decide to come to Florida - I'm sure the Florida boys would love to make another GTG while you're here :D :D

I agree with Bob.

New England can be a great vacation spot, the weather and the scenery will be a STARK contrast to what the family is used to.

I used to go Whitewater rafting in the Forks in Maine, it's beautiful and pristine!! There is also a Crabapple whitewater setup in Mass http://crabapplewhitewater.com/, so you will be closer to Boston. Boston is a great city to visit, lots of history, great museums and fun friendly people!!

I just moved from Connecticut to DC last week and have lived in both for awhile. I can give you some great recommendations for either places. If your kids are under the age of 16, I recommend DC.

Have you seen Rock City or Ruby Falls yet ?
Just joking, Chattanooga is too damn hot in August.

DC is gross in August...and you can get a passport in a month. hit the PO tomorrow and have them rush it!

DC/Arlington (History), Williamsburg (History/Busch Gardens) are still going to be hot and humid. Not the dry heat your use to there. Have you ever been to Niagara? That's a nice vacation spot but I'm not sure you can spend 10 days there and I'm not sure if you need your passport to get into Canada now or not.

I've been there in June and sometimes you might need a sweatshirt at night. Nearby Lockport has a Erie Canal tour showing you what the original locks looked like. Buffalo/Niagara has history also if your into that.

Just about anywhere in the States is going to be warm/hot in August and at least the East coast is going to be humid. Don't know about Central/Western states.

dont know about the kids but me and the wife love savannah,ga charleston,sc area. i love the old homes.

Sturgis SD is fun, Check out the Colorado Rockies too. there's lots of camping spots and fishing spots...

What are the interests of your family?

This is where I try to vacation in the summer.

http://www.creede.com/

I stay at this location. They don't have website that I'm aware of. RC Guest Ranch & Circle Divide Outfitters. Give Debby, tell her Scott Green recommended you, a call and she will get you set up. With these cabins you take your food and personal items the rest is furnished. Nothing fancy just quality Family time in beautiful country, with a little fishing thrown in. If you go don't miss the canyons in Creede.

All within about a <10 hour drive from central Az. A lot to see along the way. Four Corners, Mesa Verde(RC ranch was originally the Weatherill Ranch, the family that first excavated the Mesa Verde Ruins), Monument Valley, Painted Desert.

Don't laugh but western coast Michigan is Awesome and beautiful this time of year...cheap too. Fly into Grand Rapids, rent a car and go north along the coast. Thank me later!

If I had the cash the vacation I would take with the family is simple. I would rent an RV and just hit the road. We love just pointing in a direction and going. Find lots of cool things that you would have never known about that way. I love having no particular place to go and no rigid timeframe to do it in. Just head north towards Flagstaff and beyond.

It won't be cheap now with the price of gas, but you won't be paying for hotels so that saves you some, plus you won't be paying for airfare. You can even save money by stopping at grocery stores and cooking some of your own meals.

I don't think there is any better way of teaching your kids about the country we live in than by showing them firsthand.

I recently took a 7 day vacation to key west. I have all the information for reservations, hotels, entertainment, driving directions, maps, brochures, coupons, discounts.

$46 Monkey Jungle
$20 w/coupon Gator Park w/ airboat ride
$10 Everglades tour with hiking trails
$80 Deep Sea Fishing
$75 Parasail
$22 key west Aquarium
$60 Trolley Ride
$20 ButterFly Museum
$24 Ghost Tour
$230 Dry Tortugas cruise and snorkel trip.
$150 2 Jet ski, half day guided island tour
$60 Scooters around town.
Free sunset celebrations
Drink yourself retarted on your duval crawl

Pm me and ill send you all the info if your interested. I spent weeks doing all the research for you.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back