Vacuum hoses?

04rcmoneypit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's been a while since I installed the JMB catch can. I left the original vacuum hoses under the intake rather than try to yank them out. My question is this, I know one hose connects to the bottom side of the intake, did the other connect to the factory airbox or what? Does the manifold pull too much vacuum by itself to use as the only source for a pcv set up?

Okay, so I answered my own question. I connected the vacuum port on the bottom of the intake to the catch can and from there to the valve covers. I drove for about 6 or 8 miles, then heard a terrible noise. I pulled over and popped the hood. It sounded like the belt was squealing, but when I looked under the truck, the noise seemed to be comming from the bellhousing or rear main area. The noise would go away while driving or when I gave it gas, but at a red light it would start again. So I drove home and plugged the intake port and put the little filter back on the catch can. I drove probably 20 miles, no noise. The question is, what the hell could the vacuum from the intake only cause a noise like that? And did I do any damage? Maybe some of you guys that have been inside these engines have any ideas.:dontknow:

505'sFastestViper. said:
you plug the hole in the intake then the two valve covers go to the catch can i think
Yes Dom, you are correct. But I was trying to go back to a vacuum pcv, using the catch can inline. I was trying to do away with the oily smell that gets into the interior

As far as i know, yes, the other connects to the factory air inlet tube, on the underside, just prior to the TB. Its been a while since i put my catch can in also...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back