Valve Adjustment Required?

Appreciate the concern. I don't get it over 70. I am hoping they will still be there when I sell it. No dry rot whatsoever. It stays in heater and air conditioned garage, I think that helps. Going to play the originality card when I am asking top dollar 20 years form now. These trucks are scary at high speed anyway. I just like to smoke the Hondas and the diesel guys off the line at the red light.

I hope all of our trucks are worth a mint someday.

But I definitely agree, no high speed on old tires.

My box truck(s) use firestone transforce tires. We get over 100K on those tires over the course of about 8 or 9 years and that's not running them all the way down. They still got 3/32 when we change them out. Those are by far the best LT tires.

You completely missed my point, but that's fine.
Bad shit happens when tires blow at 70, 60, 50, etc.
I've been in the trucking industry for 42 years, and would not think of running class 8 truck tires 8 or 9 years. ESPECIALLY steer tires. I would not use tires that old going back on the trailers. Casings for recaps are no good that old.

To each his own. Give me your VIN so I can watch the IAA auction site for the salvage.

Changing the subject a bit, but, riding around on 10 year old tires is bordering on dangerous. They may have plenty of tread, but tires do not age well, especially on a truck that can go as fast as ours do. You are asking for a blowout. Here in the Arizona heat, 3 years tops out of a set of tires, no matter what the treadwear says. Ask yourself, is the result of a blowout at high speed worth a $150 tire?
Just my 10 pesos (2 cents).

$150 ??? where the hell u getting tires?? i wanna order 3 sets…………….

$150 ??? where the hell u getting tires?? i wanna order 3 sets…………….

I put 4 Nitto 420S on my truck last November for $680 out the door at Discount Tire
4 tires, mount, balance, chrome valve stems, tax, peace of mind.

505 V10 i owe u a beverage or 2
$123 each plus the usual add ons

only review i saw said the only complaint was road noise??????

505 V10 i owe u a beverage or 2
$123 each plus the usual add ons

only review i saw said the only complaint was road noise??????

This is the 3rd set of these tires I've had. Had them on 2 other Rams plus my SRT 10 now. I am completely happy with these Tires and would not hesitate to buy them again.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back