valve covers

STOCKSRT10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so im cleaning the engine bay for the first time (looks excellent now) finally and im using a q-tip to get around the valve cover bolts and i notice that a couple of them are finger loose so i tightened the ones i could and tried to get off the spark plug wire brackets and cant get them off and broke one trin to get that one off.how do i get those black pieces off are they just melted on or is there a special way

mine came off by twisting back and forth while pulling on them at the same time...

You can just pull them right off. You won't break them doing that. I used a pair of pliers and grabbed them from the sides (NOT the sides that will cause you to squeeze them more shut) and they pulled off without breaking. To open them to get the wires out I used a flat head screw driver to seperate the clamp. I did that first before removing them altogether. Then you'll need an 11mm or 12mm deep socket to remove the long screw bolts.

they have little fingers on the inside that grips the treads of the valve cover bolts. like venom said just grab em with a pair of pliars and yank.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back