Valvetrain Talk...again w/ Vid!!

srtaggie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I asked a question last week about noisey valvetrain on these trucks. The concensus was that they are pretty loud and it ended with Boomer trying to sell me some rockers.:)

I found a vid of my truck that the seller put up with the online listing. You can hear the exhaust as well as the engine at idle.

Do me a favor listen to the truck at idle and tell me if it sounds normal to you or if it seems a little louder than average.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5nK3ebpUpz8

sounds like mine, delete the cats put headers on there and turn up the radio.

eddie102870 said:
sounds like mine, delete the cats put headers on there and turn up the radio.

Already Done!!

I've got full length Mopar headers, cat delete and borla. I'd love to get a set of the Jesel rockers but they are just too dang much.

Anyone used the crower or sharp sets?

Mines a tad quieter when its cold.. but as soon as she is warmed up it sounds almost like that... so I think your OK.

Sounds a little low to me, and it doesn't have the whistling noise mine has? Oh sheat! I forgot I have a S/C.

All kinding as side she was puring like a kitten. A perfectly healthy V10! :rock:

LitemUp said:
Sounds a little low to me, and it doesn't have the whistling noise mine has? Oh sheat! I forgot I have a S/C.

All kinding as side she was puring like a kitten. A perfectly healthy V10! :rock:

Schweet.

I get it back tomorrow...Finally!! I've owned it for two weeks and its been in my garage for a total of six days. I think I've got all of the little crap sorted out now, though. I should be able to just have fun with it for a long time to come.:D

When i bought mine, I was worried about the sme thing, but everyone told me its just the combo of injectors and lifters. don't quote me but its what i was told.

Mine sounds same when warmed up.As far as Harland Sharp valvetrain, i have used his rockers for 30 years.I highly recommend them.But i also understand that our engines suffer from pushrods that flex alot.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back