vec question

04rcmoneypit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I figured out that I have a vec on this truck. My question is how to tell if it is a 1,2 or a 3. No markings on it that I can see. Will it be tuneable when I have it dynoed, I know it has too much timing in it now. I think the builder set it up on race fuel. I will be getting a more streetable tune for pump gas. Thanks guys.

Contact Roe Racing. They sell the units and the software. They should be able to tell you what version you have and provide new tunes/software to burn new cards.

No sir, can't find anything. I don't even know where to stick a card:dontknow:

it will have a green light on with the key on! either under the hood or in the cab. probably under the hood on the passengerside.

it will have a green light on with the key on! either under the hood or in the cab. probably under the hood on the passengerside.

Well I just went out there while it is dark and I don't see a green light. What I think is the vec is wrired in to the middle plug of the computer. No wires go from it to anything else except the 'puter. Does it have a seperate place to plug in a card other than the little black box?

Here you go. Find this connector I am pointing to, then follow the wires to the box and snap a pic of it.

Box is this pic is a III. If I would have waited about 6 more months I would not even have the damn thing... Would be a SCT. It was the biggest PITA part about putting on the SC.

Attachments

• IMAG0372.jpg
    IMAG0372.jpg
    621.3 KB · Views: 111
  • IMAG0373.jpg
    IMAG0373.jpg
    682.9 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Then the past owner had a VEC installed and pulled it out before you got it

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!