Vec3 Covers

VEC3 COVERS ROUND 2

1.Bone
2.Rice Eater
3.MUTT---prefer the decal just sent, but not installed
4. mmmmtorque
5. ViperTruck2933

My only concern is if the VEC needs the airflow? Will this cause them to overheat???:dontknow:
If that's not an issue, I'll take one.

ok fellas, got it installed, it was a quick easy install. i think it will work out good i know the pic sux but all i had was my camera phone this morning.

Attachments

• vec3installed.jpg
    vec3installed.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 77
VEC3 COVERS ROUND 2

1.Bone
2.Rice Eater
4. mmmmtorque
5. ViperTruck2933
6.Flying Low

only need 4 more and ill place the order.

VEC3 COVERS ROUND 2

1.Bone
2.Rice Eater
4. mmmmtorque
5. ViperTruck2933
6. FlyingLow

ViperTruck2933 said:
Eddie, do the VECs need airflow or will they overheat when covered up? :dontknow:

I wouldn't think so, the re-location kit that Roe offers is meant to put the VEC in your glovebox. And there doesn't look like anything that would make that much heat.. just two pcb's and a few LED's.

ViperTruck2933 said:
Eddie, do the VECs need airflow or will they overheat when covered up? :dontknow:
this cover is not air tight, the back is open for the wire and vacuum lines. it's just to keep the majority of the water off. with the heat thats in the engine bay already i would think this would help not hurt the vec. im planning on drilling a few holes in the under side so if any water does accumilate it will have a place to drain.

STANSRT10 said:
will it work on vec 2? mine is upgraded to the vec 3. if so i want one.
i dont know. if the vec2 box is the same dimension and the vec3 box it will work. the cover is 3 3/4 by 5 1/2 2 inches deep the back has a open spot for the wires and vacuum line. measure your box and see. got the images last night going up town and getting them made today and should be able to start shippin this afternoon. if your on the first list make sure and pm me you address.

STANSRT10 said:
will it work on vec 2? mine is upgraded to the vec 3. if so i want one.
Same, different size

So is it going to work on the vec II:dontknow: Cause that's what I have also.

Somebody needs to measure.

hmm, what ever happened to the rule that says never mount anything in the engine bay that's not water proof??? That really should be mounted under the dash where it's easy to reach but still hidden

Rice Eater said:
is it easy to change the cards w/ the cover installed or do you have to remove the cover?
you have to remove the cove or and i havent figured this out yet but you could have a slot cut where the card slides in but that would allow water to reach the part of the vec that you dont want water to reach. it only took like 2 minutes to install it with a cordless drill.

ok guys these are going to be 25.00 shipping included you can mail me a check to
Eddie Whitehead
138 Robert E Lee Way
Eufaula, ALa. 36027

or you can paypal me at [email protected]

im leaving the decals off so if you want to do something different you can. they will be in the box

Last edited:
AWDisuzu said:
hmm, what ever happened to the rule that says never mount anything in the engine bay that's not water proof??? That really should be mounted under the dash where it's easy to reach but still hidden
Einstein is in the house! :rofl:

kyle's srt10 said:
So eddie do you know if this is going to work with the vec II?
i would think it would, the boxes should be the same dimensions.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back