VecII vs vecIII?

Yetti808

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the difference in the vecII and vecIII??

One is older. The vec3 does everything the vec 2 can do and it will adjust for ambient temperature. Adds a percentage of fuel when the air is cooler. Removes some when air is hot. Takes some practice to tune with it.

They both work with stock ECM and compensate?? Or just the 3? I've used full stand alone systems b4. But that was for pro racing at the top level. The vec fits what I'm looking for better I think. Especially living in the south. Hot days and crisp nights... Well almost just hot all the time now lol.

they both piggy back the pcm. really only come into play when in open loop. could do any configuration thou. but the stock pcm does a great job closed loop already so just need to clean up the richness and lack of timing advance from the pcm at WOT. The vec was originally designed to work with the Roe supercharger kit. It has alot of potential. the software is abit crude! only works on windows xp. seems more like windows 98 thou. The SCT pro software is probably better but i have no experience with it . SCT will have abilities that the vec doesn't. it rewrites the stock pcm . I am trying to figure out how to datalog and how to read the graphs produced. will be a useful tool once i figure it out!

Well I'm not opposed to any program.. Just that I understand that the sct only works at wot??? It's the bottom and midrange I feel could be cleaned up with a tune. That's y I'm wanting a vec. It just don't seem crisp when rolling on. So whatever it takes is what I want. Am I right about the sct only tuning at wot?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back