Vent to Chrysler!!

Cudajon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just vented to them, over the state of their porky monster of a car the Challenger and over the current situation at the company. They got the Challenger aaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllll WRONG! Too heavy, bad mileage = beat in the 1/4 by both the Mustang and Camaro. And it loses in the MPG battle as well. SUCK SUCK SUCK!! Mopar has lost its way!

http://www-5.chrysler.com/wccsapp/universal/C/index.jsp?appStr=wccs&titleStr=Contact+Chrysler&familyStr=brand&franchise=C&actionURL=%2Fwccs%2Fbrand_forms%2Fus%2Fwebform.jsp&promotion=null&category=U

Link to contact them over their ignorance on what we want out of a musclecar :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

What about the Ignorance of shutting down so many dealers ???:dontknow:

your bitchen about gas mileage in a muscle car? u own a 10 you r probly the last person to be bitchen about gas mileage. just for the record what chally was in comp. with the other two? se?, r/t?, srt? and which modles where the other two? gt, rousch, shelby,ss, rs ? if it the artical im thinking of none of the cars where even remotly close in trims. if your going to compare cars at least get them close all V8s close to the same price range then copare gas mileage WTF man?

Venting to those guys these days is going to be akin to wetting your pants in the dark...it might make you feel better, but no one is going to notice...;)

Nice to pick a portion of post, and not look at the whole thing. I guess I shouldn't be bitchin about weight but I guess Dodge wants to mirror the obesity of most people in America with their porky vehicles as well. I'm just saying its a travesty when they could have made a killer had it just been the same weight as the Mustang GT ~3550 pounds instead of ~4100.

It was the R/T chally, GT Mustang, and SS Camaro. You know what was the most expensive/heaviest/slowest/ in the group?????? DO YOU????

Cudajon said:
Nice to pick a portion of post, and not look at the whole thing. I guess I shouldn't be bitchin about weight but I guess Dodge wants to mirror the obesity of most people in America with their porky vehicles as well. I'm just saying its a travesty when they could have made a killer had it just been the same weight as the Mustang GT ~3550 pounds instead of ~4100.

It was the R/T chally, GT Mustang, and SS Camaro. You know what was the most expensive/heaviest/slowest/ in the group?????? DO YOU????
It a big friggin car. Much more room in it than a mustang, it also looks and rides a whole lot better. The mustang is waaaaaaaaaay underpowered IMO.

GADodgetech said:
It a big friggin car. Much more room in it than a mustang, it also looks and rides a whole lot better. The mustang is waaaaaaaaaay underpowered IMO.
underpowered??? even though it is quicker than the chally?? i'm not following the logic on that, i still like the chally don't get me wrong but if it was my money i'd buy the ford, seems to be the only american manufacturer that isn't in trouble...

ARRESTmeRed04 said:
underpowered??? even though it is quicker than the chally?? i'm not following the logic on that, i still like the chally don't get me wrong but if it was my money i'd buy the ford, seems to be the only american manufacturer that isn't in trouble...
Right, the mustang is underpowered, as well as the new f-150. Ford is behind the times when it comes to engines. The hemi makes 370 in the car and 390 in the truck. Ford is only putting 315 out. they need to update their engines. I didnt say the mustang was slow, I said it was underpowered. ;)

chally auto or 6-speed? that dosent matter the other two cars ground up new cars chally choped charger frame of course its going to be heavy. they wanted to get it out before the camaro they did not think they had as much time as it took chevy to get the camaro right. its a lx give it a few years the next gen will be better. Most expensive dont think so an srt 35000 now a new camaro ss at bennet chey in kingsland ga 52000 ill take the chally any day. and once again screw gas mileage the are mucle cars

OK what the hell, here goes.:D

Camaro 426 hp @ 5900
Challenger R/T 376 hp @ 5150 rpm ( why not use the equal in horse power SRT?) :dontknow:

Camaro / Challenger R/T / Mustang G/T
Weight to power 9.1 lb/hp /11.0 lb/hp /11.3 lb/hp

Acceleration to mph 0-30 2.0/2.2 sec** /1.9 sec /1.9 sec
0-40 2.7/3.0** /2.9 /2.8
0-50 3.6/3.9** /3.8 /3.8
0-60 4.7/5.1** /5.1 /4.9
0-70 5.8/6.2** /6.5 /6.4
0-80 7.3/7.9** /8.1 /8.1
0-90 8.8/9.4** /10.2 /9.9
0-100 10.5/11.1** /12.4 /12.3
Passing, 45-65 mph 2.1/2.1** /2.5 /2.3
Quarter mile 13.0 sec @ 111.0 mph, 13.4 sec @ 110.6 mph** /13.6 sec @ 104.9 mph /13.5 sec @ 104.2 mph
**Driver-control/launch-control ???

Cargo volume 11.3 cu ft 16.2 cu ft 13.4 cu ft

Seems to me the Challenger R/T did damn good.
Weighs a bit more but has alot more room.
Looks better too.
Much larger cargo volume.

Go find a test comparing a 425 hp Challenger SRT to the 426 hp Camaro....I'm to lazy to look.:D

I say they (all manufacturers) should make there cars like NASCAR so they are all identical. Mods bring stiff penalties.

With them all being the same, one just needs to call Steve and a few stickers later you can drive a different car.

We can be in a Lambo at our office party and in a prius when meeting up with the spoues asshole tree huggers

Jeff

the only way furd can make power is by puting a blower on top thier underpowered motors and everyone knows that to be fact.

GADodgetech said:
Right, the mustang is underpowered, as well as the new f-150. Ford is behind the times when it comes to engines. The hemi makes 370 in the car and 390 in the truck. Ford is only putting 315 out. they need to update their engines. I didnt say the mustang was slow, I said it was underpowered. ;)
yes but when ther cars/trucks weigh more then you have to make more power, i do agree the mod motor needs to be updated big time 315hp is low but with the lower weight the cars would end up "feeling" like the same power. i had a 99 f-150 4x4 ext cab(260hp) and i'd RAPE my uncles 05 king ranch 4x4 with the 300hp 5.4L not sure how the new 315hp ones run but i do remember hearing they made the trucks lighter than the 04-08 trucks i'll go drive one tommorow and let you know:D

Go find a test comparing a 425 hp Challenger SRT to the 426 hp Camaro....I'm to lazy to look.
my piont exactly copare oranges to oranges

ViperJeff said:
I say they (all manufacturers) should make there cars like NASCAR so they are all identical. Mods bring stiff penalties.

With them all being the same, one just needs to call Steve and a few stickers later you can drive a different car.

We can be in a Lambo at our office party and in a prius when meeting up with the spoues asshole tree huggers

Jeff

I want a Prius wrap done on my 10, it would make it lighter and better on gas!:D :marchmellow:

ARRESTmeRed04 said:
yes but when ther cars/trucks weigh more then you have to make more power, i do agree the mod motor needs to be updated big time 315hp is low but with the lower weight the cars would end up "feeling" like the same power. i had a 99 f-150 4x4 ext cab(260hp) and i'd RAPE my uncles 05 king ranch 4x4 with the 300hp 5.4L not sure how the new 315hp ones run but i do remember hearing they made the trucks lighter than the 04-08 trucks i'll go drive one tommorow and let you know:D
Horsepower sells cars, most people dont realize you only get 370 hp at redline :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back