Vett kill

Yetti808

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my buddy gets a o9' c6 last month while I was out o town working so I couldn't wait to get home and stretch them out a little! Even though I won I will say that vett was crazy fast I've just had a little more practice than him and I got a clean 3rd shift. Im taking it :chain:

I got a vid from inside the vett also I made my other friend "strategically" ride with him so you see the truck jump out front. I'll try to post from iPhone my comp is blown up due to a c/l add.

Nice!!! I raced a C5 convertible with an exhaust about 3 weeks ago. He actually pulled me in 1st, stayed with him in 2nd, started pulling him in 3rd, and wound up about a car and a half in front of him by the time I got to the top of 4th!!

That what will make our trucks go up in value! Eat a vett a day lol. I don't think I can load it off iPhone. I'll txt it and someone else with some more skills can lol. 3184029238

Awesome Kill bro! I have not ran an LS3 6 speed Vette, but I do own the Auto LS2 Vettes ;) .........in a Quad Cab. Boy was this guy pissed.:chain:
5 Times from a dig running 1/4 mile! If he had half a mile he would caught me due to aerodynamics.......but ;)
ENJOY!
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fyHOdIBqV0]SRT10 Viper Ram Quad Cab 6 Speed conv. Vs. 2011 C6 Vette (auto) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlDxkJE9VZk&feature=channel&list=UL[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PymLRW48Zn8[/ame]

Last edited:
Yea caveman is going to post the vid. The ls3 6speed is a tough one for me but his lack of driving skills helped lol. After I work my heads and and install my cam I ordered they should be a lot more EZ. Or with 17's and dr's they would be EZ.

Do any of the stockish QC guys beat C5s? I ran with my buddys Vette and got owned, his is an auto. I also ran with my other buddys 05' Mustang GT and lost one and won the second. I found out later it was tuned/chipped, lightweight flyweel, and a few other basic bolt ons.

After seeing a lot of posts on here, I feel like I should be doing a bit better. My transmission has been getting worse, so maybe that'll help once it's back to 100%

When I was an Auto I had hell playing with C5s. The couple I raced were already modded and took me good. The stock ones I hung neck and neck with. I had exhaust and tune with CAI.:chain:

A ZO6 C5 will likely eat your lunch, but I own a Vette and my truck will eat it up and spit it out! Folks have a hard time believing that! My Vette with tune, CAI, and 4.10s and exhaust would run 13.3s. A nicely modded 10 will run the same times or faster. From a rolling start ( 20-30) I could really give them hell, digs were close.

Last edited:
Here is the Yetti's video:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LifNNnavNGk&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

Last edited:
Nice kill and his excuse of missing third is an all-time favorite of mine. Only happens in the truck though, I can bang third in my Vette all day long.:burnout:

Bad camera guy lol. Never had less than a link the whole time.

Oh yea that wasn't a miss you can tell...in my gto I feel like my shifts was absalutlly knarly fast! When I miss... My truck locks up and bangs out. Like it hit 1st. I never want to do that ever again lol
I'm claiming straight up kill haha

Last edited:
Oh yea that wasn't a miss you can tell...in my gto I feel like my shifts was absalutlly knarly fast! When I miss... My truck locks up and bangs out. Like it hit 1st. I never want to do that ever again lol
I'm claiming straight up kill haha

I agree great kill

When I was an Auto I had hell playing with C5s. The couple I raced were already modded and took me good. The stock ones I hung neck and neck with. I had exhaust and tune with CAI.:chain:

A ZO6 C5 will likely eat your lunch, but I own a Vette and my truck will eat it up and spit it out! Folks have a hard time believing that! My Vette with tune, CAI, and 4.10s and exhaust would run 13.3s. A nicely modded 10 will run the same times or faster. From a rolling start ( 20-30) I could really give them hell, digs were close.

As bad as I've lost to my buddies C5, I'd just wave at the Z06 :rock:

I'll find out if the tranny helps in a couple weeks, truck will be in the shop next Tuesday.

I laugh at Z06's....I just beat one 2 out of 2 at Sacramento raceway wednsday night. 1st run by about 4 lengths and the second run by about 9 lengths. Also last month at Famoso I beat a Z06 that had drag radials by about 14 lengths......both of them were C6 Z06's with the 427.........but to be fair .......I had the DRIVER mod:rock: Go to the racing section and on the second page is the video of the Famoso Z06 kill.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back