vibration

IronAffliction

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So im at a loss here. I get a small vibration and almost like a slight grinding like bearings going out. The noise seems to happen when the truck is hot and at an idle i can feel it in my steering wheel and brake pedal when stopped if i turn the we the sound changes a little and vibration stops for a second. Just changed ps pump and pulley i dont know what it could be it did this before i changed the ps pump. And my idler pulley and tensioner pulley are only a few months old thanks guys

Any more information? How many miles on the truck? Auto or stick? When was the last tune up? How severe of a shake?

73000 for miles. Plugs, wires and coil packs done about 3 months ago. Has a tune from Torrie but i have put it back to stock and it doesn't make a difference so i know thats not it. My truck is an auto tranny has about 2000 miles on it i had it rebuilt. There is no shake just a vibration that i can feel in the steering wheel and pedals. I can hear a noise like grinding but if i pop the hood i cant hear it or find it and when i turn the wheel just slightly it goes away or gets quieter

Definitely the fan! When you sit at idle for a while the temp rises and the fan kicks in. If you are moving and air flow cools things down a little the fan kicks off.

Definitely the fan! When you sit at idle for a while the temp rises and the fan kicks in. If you are moving and air flow cools things down a little the fan kicks off.

Does that mean my fan is going out or loose what should i look at is it normal

I dont know to be honest. It is a hydraulic fan powered by the power steering pump. Could just have air trapped in it from the pump change, could be going bad, could be a bad bearing. I have not had the time to check mine out yet

I dont know to be honest. It is a hydraulic fan powered by the power steering pump. Could just have air trapped in it from the pump change, could be going bad, could be a bad bearing. I have not had the time to check mine out yet
Thanks it did it before i changed the pump but ya i dont know anything about the fan

Tony posted this on FB last month. This was in response to someone saying their fan was messed up.

'do you physcally see the fan shacking?or do you feel it? some trucks do tend to get a vibration in the steering wheel that is normal with the replacement lines, if the actual fan itself is shacking then double check make sure you got all the air out of the system, also while the truck is off, check to make sure the fan blade itself is not loose'

Tony posted this on FB last month. This was in response to someone saying their fan was messed up.

'do you physcally see the fan shacking?or do you feel it? some trucks do tend to get a vibration in the steering wheel that is normal with the replacement lines, if the actual fan itself is shacking then double check make sure you got all the air out of the system, also while the truck is off, check to make sure the fan blade itself is not loose'

Ok thanks i will look into it and what is the best way to bleed the air i filled it up left the cap off and turned the steering wheel side to side

Raise the front tires off the ground - turn the wheels fully from side to side to side multiple times with the engine OFF.

It may very well be a result of new lines, but I wouldn't call it normal. Vibration is not normal to me.

Ok so yesterday i drove my truck about 40 miles and when i got to my destination i could hear and fill the vibration its very light almost like a grinding or so but it seems louder than before but everything is working fine truck is running great. When i parked if i turn the wheel all the way as far as it can go and hold it the sound stops. I was parked turned the truck off and used my sct to return to stock had a 93 octane tune on it. Drove it home and haven't heard the noise or felt it yet could the tune really cause that i mean i was starting to think it was my fan. And where im at i get 92 octane so be 1 point off could that make it run lean or something? Im glad its gone but now i cant run a tune any thoughts?

Maybe i will ask torrie but i didnt change the thermostat but my temp does seem a bit higher now

So talked to torrie and he did set my fan to come on at a lower temp. I am not convinced that is the issue because it happens after i have been driving awhile so at a total loss but one thing is for sure torrie is a great guy knows what he is doing and answered all my questions and was very quick with a response

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back