Viper key mod

mgwarrior350 said:
Does anyone know where to get the head viper head key because i can only find the blue on ebay.

I found a guy that said he bought all the obsolete blanks from the manufacture. I bought mine 11-25-09. I emailed him tonight. If he still has some I'll let you know.

spydertt said:
I found a guy that said he bought all the obsolete blanks from the manufacture. I bought mine 11-25-09. I emailed him tonight. If he still has some I'll let you know.
Yes, that would be great. Keep us informed bro. I am very interested!

Great find. Thanks. I searched for a half hour and never found this site. I bought my key for $39.95, but there getting harder to find.

Does anyone make a Viper replacement cover that you can just replace the one on the original key and keep all the original security functions????

I checked with the guy I got my key from and he was sold out.

Nothing is more aggravating than a mod post with all the pix deleted. Just as well delete the post imo. :dontknow:

Did anyone save the pix from the original post? I had 2 strokes back in June '06 so me brain doesn't compute so well anymore. I need pictures, lol.

If the post was deleted, you wouldn't have known it was possible.
Try sending a PM to the poster, if he is still around, maybe he still has pics he can send you.

Nothing is more aggravating than a mod post with all the pix deleted. Just as well delete the post imo. :dontknow:

Did anyone save the pix from the original post? I had 2 strokes back in June '06 so me brain doesn't compute so well anymore. I need pictures, lol.

Photobucket deleted them,not the site.
Sorry to hear about the stroke.

Pics aren't really needed.Just open up your truck key and remove the security chip.Remove the lower steering wheel cover and epoxy the chip to it as close as possible to the key switch.Put the cover back.Done.

Be aware this removes a very good security feature and makes the truck easier to steal.

Photobucket deleted them,not the site.
Sorry to hear about the stroke.

Pics aren't really needed.Just open up your truck key and remove the security chip.Remove the lower steering wheel cover and epoxy the chip to it as close as possible to the key switch.Put the cover back.Done.

Be aware this removes a very good security feature and makes the truck easier to steal.

If you move the pix it kills the links. Or the owner of the pix deletes them. Photobucket won't delete them just because.

May I ask, with our '03 Ram that the towing company hasn't picked up yet, it has 2 key fobs'. If we were to keep one of them could it be reprogrammed for the SRT truck? tia

Photobucket doesnt delete them true....But for people that don't pay for it and store alot of pics after awhile more space is needed. What do you think is the first to get deleted when you don't own the truck anymore......

I bought my viper key off of ebay a few years ago by the way....

Just looks man! Although I think it's another thing the SRT team at Dodge shoulda done for us.:mad: Gives you the ability to use a Viper Car Key with the Viper logo on it instead of the Ram head key that all trucks use.

found this blank Viper logo key on ebay: Dodge Viper key blank oem factory new viper head logo | eBay

$(KGrHqEOKiEE1zSJSD9VBNuIHjbV+!~~_12.JPG

However it isnt available to hold the security chip

found this blank Viper logo key on ebay: Dodge Viper key blank oem factory new viper head logo | eBay

$(KGrHqEOKiEE1zSJSD9VBNuIHjbV+!~~_12.JPG

However it isnt available to hold the security chip

You'd think you could just tuck the chip beween the rubber and the key, but gluing it to the inside cover of the steering column is nice as well. If it were with the key it would still be an anti theft device. On the column trim piece it's still open to be stolen easier.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back