viper motor put in my 99 iron v-10 3/4 ton

Ironhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats right i put a viper motor in my 99 3/4 ton iron v10 magnum truck today !:D

what do you think it will dyno at ! :D

001-4.jpg

002-4.jpg

it took a boat ride to get here:D for real,, a long boat ride ;)

TNVIPER said:
Those pulleys look like it was dragged out of the surf..:) ...........what ya up to rust head??:confused: :burnout:

:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

Whatcha got in mind big guy?

I put an 06 qc engine and trans in my chevy a month or so ago, it nearly fit... In the bed!

TNVIPER said:
Those pulleys look like it was dragged out of the surf..:) ...........what ya up to rust head??:confused: :burnout:

pulleys are just surface rust goober..and i dont need them , ,,,i want block and hoping crank ,,

going to forge it and decide if i want to go big nos or s/c from roe :dontknow:yet ,,but bottom end will be done for starters;)

anyone know if an ol style engine stand will take the weight of one of these ,,it weighs 520 with heads and all ??

Last edited:
Ironhead said:
pulleys are just surface rust goober..and i dont need them , ,,,i want block and hoping crank ,,

going to forge it and decide if i want to go big nos or s/c from roe :dontknow:yet ,,but bottom end will be done for starters;)

dang, you are smarter than I thought..:D .....you are definitely starting from the right direction building the engine first......now dont get on the bottle like your papaw Jack...;) :burnout:

TNVIPER said:
dang, you are smarter than I ..:D .....you are definitely starting from the right direction building the engine first......now dont get on the bottle like your papaw Jack...;) :burnout:

here i fixed it fer ya :D

Stinker said:
I got eddies, I got marks, I'm getting wolframs, might as welll send it up and put it on the pile:D

what you taking them in for aluminum weight with your beer cans :D

Last edited:
its not forged though lol ,,it will go in truck i have now ,,,i want it all ready to go drop in drive out ,,,plus i got a deal on it so i decided to take it :rock: this way i can take my time and get it already ,,and still get to drive mine in the mean time ,,,when i get this in and done i can sell my running motor for a good sum and really offset cost ,,,plus did i say i got a good deal on motor ,,:D hope internals are all good:dontknow:

Fkn Ironclad had me, cute real cute.................good luck with the build.......:rock: :burnout: :rock:

Ironhead said:
its not forged though lol ,,it will go in truck i have now ,,,i want it all ready to go drop in drive out ,,,plus i got a deal on it so i decided to take it :rock: this way i can take my time and get it already ,,and still get to drive mine in the mean time ,,,when i get this in and done i can sell my running motor for a good sum and really offset cost ,,,plus did i say i got a good deal on motor ,,:D hope internals are all good:dontknow:
You go girl.:D :p ;)

Ironhead said:

anyone know if an ol style engine stand will take the weight of one of these ,,it weighs 520 with heads and all ??

It should take the weight,the Viper engine should be lighter then a cast iron block engine??:dontknow:I had mine on a stand with no problem :)

Back