Viper powered Rock Bouncer Flatty

TURNEROFFROAD

Reaction score
We Rock Crawling as a hobby and that has grown into doing some extreme hill climbs know as 'Rock Bouncing'. My love for the outdoors is only rivaled by my love of motorsports. When we decided to build a new buggy, I wanted it to 'look' like an old school Willys Jeep. For a powerplant, I didn't want just another LS like everyone else has done. I originally chose a Buick series II 3800 and installed a 60mm VGT for a power level of approx.600-630hp. But that lil engine was a race fuel, high strung comp engine and I decided that wasn't what I really wanted. Then the search began for what powerplant to go with.... The Viper engine was an obvious choice to have a very different buggy when all said and done. The chassis is constructed of .120 and .188 wall 1 3/4" DOM and the axle assemblies were from 2.5 ton Rockwell Military units. They have been fully customized with sheetmetal housings and aluminum hubs, and upgraded with 2" 47 spline 300m RCV axle shafts. We are running rear steer as well. Here's a few pix, I hope you guys like where we are headed with it.

Attachments

• flattyfrontcap.jpg
    flattyfrontcap.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 742
  • frontshotroofhalfdone.jpg
    frontshotroofhalfdone.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 353
  • cockpitearlystages.jpg
    cockpitearlystages.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 256
  • nakedroof.jpg
    nakedroof.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 4,164
A few more pix...

Attachments

• axlehousing.jpg
    axlehousing.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 1,068
  • hub.jpg
    hub.jpg
    331 KB · Views: 136
  • drivetrain.jpg
    drivetrain.jpg
    247.2 KB · Views: 182
  • hub1.jpg
    hub1.jpg
    291.1 KB · Views: 139
  • lowershockmount.jpg
    lowershockmount.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 222
  • lowershockmount1.jpg
    lowershockmount1.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 200
  • flatty.jpg
    flatty.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 96
  • flattyclean1.jpg
    flattyclean1.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 230
I've always wanted a Viper powered rock bouncer. I'm a huge rock bouncer fan. Seriously looks like the most fun someone could have on 4 wheels. I thought about buying Showtime last time it was for sale, but I wasn't sure how I would fit in it.

I've always wanted a Viper powered rock bouncer. I'm a huge rock bouncer fan. Seriously looks like the most fun someone could have on 4 wheels. I thought about buying Showtime last time it was for sale, but I wasn't sure how I would fit in it.

The cockpit of Showtime was SMALL...like under 6' was a MUST

The cockpit of Showtime was SMALL...like under 6' was a MUST

I'm 6'4. Timmy said that he might be able to modify it to make it work, but I was too worried about it.

What transmission are you going to use behind the V10?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back