Viper Truck owners... unite

WA 2 FST

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure this has been beat to death, but does anyone think any of the tire companies that make Drag Radials will ever offer one in a stock SRT-10 size?

I have sent a couple of notes to Nitto. I know Nitto DRs are not as good at the track as the M/Ts or BFGs, but they are actually a very good street tire (much better handling tire on a daily commute compared to the other two).

Now that the weather is cooler, meaning cooler pavement + more power output, my truck needs some stickier tires in a bad way.

I use Nitto DRs full-time on my other vehicles I drive around... I would buy them in a heartbeat for my SRT-10 if they made them in the stock size.

Would be nice if we could get together and make our voice known...but with a limited # of trucks out there, I realize it may be a lost cause.

I dont think there is such a thing as a 22" drag radial, considering the physics involved.

I am at a loss to explain, but it would seem a more flexible tire ( ie has more overall rubber) what be best when traction is the issue. notice all the pros that use the big fat tires that flex at launch ?

my $0.02

I dont think there is such a thing as a 22" drag radial, considering the physics involved.

I am at a loss to explain, but it would seem a more flexible tire ( ie has more overall rubber) what be best when traction is the issue. notice all the pros that use the big fat tires that flex at launch ?

my $0.02

I understand and agree with the physics behind what you're saying. I have drag raced vehicles on racing slicks for many years, and that is one benefit to them...flexible sidewall.

I'm just basically talking about a sticky compound. There will be limitations of the tire, no doubt. But Pirellis and Contis don't cut it. I'm not trying to get something for track use... if I did that, I wouldn't care what size it was or what wheels I'd be using. I want something that will fit on the stock wheels that is a sticky compound.

I understand and agree with the physics behind what you're saying. I have drag raced vehicles on racing slicks for many years, and that is one benefit to them...flexible sidewall.

I'm just basically talking about a sticky compound. There will be limitations of the tire, no doubt. But Pirellis and Contis don't cut it. I'm not trying to get something for track use... if I did that, I wouldn't care what size it was or what wheels I'd be using. I want something that will fit on the stock wheels that is a sticky compound.

Very true....I have nitto NT555r 285/35 r 22 and i can hook on them at all

I run 555Rs in 305/35-18s on my Vette and 305/40-18s on my GT500. They hook great in 2nd gear (those cars are not geared as low as the SRT, but they are lighter and have significantly more power). I've run 555Rs in 305/45-18s on my Lightning and they hook extremely well, and that truck runs low-12s all day... but being an auto trans, it doesn't shock the tires as much.

Since I drive my truck exclusively on the street, anything stickier would be an improvement over the current options out there for radial tires.

It's a small market, I know... which I'm sure is the reason no one offers them.

Wait... you have 555Rs (those are Drag Radials) on 22s?

If you just have the regular 555 tires... those are not nearly the same compound as the 555R

Good luck fellas, this has been gone over many times in the past. You wont find a 22" slick and probably never will.

Talk to M&H, they can get you something that will work in a 17".

For a good street tire go with a Toyo Proxy ST/II

Here is a Proxy ST/II

IMG_5806.jpg

Good luck fellas, this has been gone over many times in the past. You wont find a 22" slick and probably never will.

Talk to M&H, they can get you something that will work in a 17".

For a good street tire go with a Toyo Proxy ST/II

Would you take this over the BFG KDW? I've heard the BFG is the stickiest true street tire out there.

For my type of driving, if I can't get it to work on the street, then there is no use for it. I want to run it just like it sits in true street trim.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back