Virbration on take off

in2thefyr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone I have a 2006 Quad Cab SRT with 2600 miles on it and every time I take off normally or otherwise I have a slight vibration to the engine. When I first got the truck I didn't have this, does anybody have any ideas what could be making this happen? It is lowered with Gary's x-metal kit at first I thought the pinion angle was off so I had it rechecked and it is dead on. I asked one of my local dealerships and they said they had three of these trucks come back with blown up engines at 3000 miles. The dealership I bought mine from can't even change the oil or even work on the truck (No Viper Tech). Please help if you can.

Thanks, Frances

My guess would have been the pinion angle. Mine does the same thing and I alays figured the pinion angle was off, but I've never checked it since I installed the lowering kit...maybe that's not it after all.

in2thefyr said:
Hi everyone I have a 2006 Quad Cab SRT with 2600 miles on it and every time I take off normally or otherwise I have a slight vibration to the engine. When I first got the truck I didn't have this, does anybody have any ideas what could be making this happen? It is lowered with Gary's x-metal kit at first I thought the pinion angle was off so I had it rechecked and it is dead on. I asked one of my local dealerships and they said they had three of these trucks come back with blown up engines at 3000 miles. The dealership I bought mine from can't even change the oil or even work on the truck (No Viper Tech). Please help if you can.

Thanks, Frances
They still work on them, The only thing they need the Viper tech. for is engine work.At least that is what i was told by the dealer.

J.R.

Gary is also telling people to put 1/8" washers underneath the tranny plate to raise the output shaft slightly. I did mine this weekend and no more vibration.

I have the same problem with my 06 QC after I dropped it using the X-metal kit. When I talked to Gary, he said to put 2, 1/8in washers under each bolt on the rear tranny mount.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back