Virginia Viper-Powered GTG - April 6, 2014

ViperDad

VTCoA Board
Reaction score
1st Annual Virginia Viper-Powered GTG

Sunday, April 6, 2014​

PURPOSE: To meet other forum members, enjoy an historical scenic drive, photograph lots of Viper-powered rides together, and share a meal together. Bring out your Viper-powered ride and have some fun!

SCHEDULE

10:00 a.m.: Meet at the Yorktown Victory Center
-Yorktown Victory Center - The Siege of Yorktown led to American Independence
-Parking lot just east of 508 Water Street, Yorktown, VA 23690
-Victory Center operating hours: 9am-5pm

11:00 a.m.: Drive the Colonial Parkway to the Williamsburg Winery’s Gabriel Archer Tavern for lunch
-HOME
-5800 West Essex Hundred, Williamsburg, VA 23185
-Restaurant operating hours: 11am-6pm

2:00 p.m.: Drive the Colonial Parkway to the Jamestown Settlement
-Jamestown Settlement
-2110 Jamestown Road, Williamsburg, VA 23185
-Jamestown Settlement operating hours: 9am-5pm

3:00 p.m.: Take the Jamestown-Scotland Ferry across to Chippokes Plantation State Park
-Chippokes Plantation State Park
-695 Chippokes Park Road, Surry, VA 23883
-Ferry operating hours: 24/7
-State Park operating hours: Dusk to dawn

5:00 p.m.: Head home!

*Total tour is about 30 miles, max speed limit on the Colonial Parkway is a strictly enforced 45mph.

This is an informal gathering of all things Viper-powered, so tell your buddies with cars, trucks, boats, or bikes to come on out! The timeline is just a suggestion, too.

Last edited:
what kind of eats???

I was able to drive the suggested route and snapped some photos along the way:

YORKTOWN VICTORY CENTER
IMAG0490_zps0ba6a472.jpg

IMAG0489_zpsbdb3f60c.jpg

IMAG0488_zpsd725ce39.jpg

IMAG0487_zps5fc93b26.jpg

COLONIAL PARKWAY
aIMAG0487a_zpsc94ce12f.jpg

IMAG0491_zps0426a258.jpg

IMAG0502_zps6ee95e10.jpg

IMAG0493_zpsd7194b84.jpg

IMAG0495_zpse2d4ad4a.jpg

IMAG0492_zpsae4af71a.jpg

IMAG0494_zpsa4268fff.jpg

IMAG0503_zps8c6cf4d2.jpg

IMAG0504_zps47ab625a.jpg

WILLIAMSBURG WINERY
IMAG0501_zps5426e1b3.jpg

IMAG0499_zps924b472e.jpg

IMAG0498_zps058e0683.jpg

JAMESTOWN FERRY

zFerry_zpsdfdfce1a.jpg

IMAG0505_zpsc657d90b.jpg

Well I'd hate to think any 10 owner is a "wine guy", so I'd have to say the tunnel? I was in my work truck, didn't exactly sound impressive. Can't wait to hit that thing with my 10!

Well I'd hate to think any 10 owner is a "wine guy", so I'd have to say the tunnel? I was in my work truck, didn't exactly sound impressive. Can't wait to hit that thing with my 10!

DING DING DING! The few times I have been able to drive my 10 thru a tunnel I have had tons of traffic and not real way of a quick rev up unless in neutral.

One huge drawback: this tunnel (and the entire Colonial Parkway) is a federal park so the Park Police are speed nazis... and it's posted at 45mph. It's a lazy ride but the scenery is fantastic between the York and James Rivers.

This sounds and looks like a great time, it would make for a very long day for me.

One huge drawback: this tunnel (and the entire Colonial Parkway) is a federal park so the Park Police are speed nazis... and it's posted at 45mph. It's a lazy ride but the scenery is fantastic between the York and James Rivers.

Not a problem. It'll sound the same thru 1st thru 2nd as through the rest of the gears.

:sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:

Where are all the Virginia trucks? I know there are several in the Richmond/Hampton Roads area. Chime in if you're planning to attend!

I'll try to make it down. Depends on how this month goes, expecting a new family member

I mite look into trying to make this. I would have to come down the day before. It would be far to much driving for one day. Im up in the philly area. Maybe I can see if E would wana do it with me to give me a driving buddy. Not possitive though.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I mite look into trying to make this. I would have to come down the day before. It would be far to much driving for one day. Im up in the philly area. Maybe I can see if E would wana do it with me to give me a driving buddy. Not possitive though.

Sounds good. Im in.

I just have to see how money is looking. I get back from vegas the monday before that. So money could be a little tight. Its gona be a lot of gas money driving down to virginia. But hopefully I van make it work.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back