Visit with Phil

scubachip

Reaction score
Hello All,
Sorry Chip and I haven't updated on Phil lately. But, yesterday was the first we've saw Phil for almost two weeks. OMG what encourgement walking into Phil's room and he's WIDE awake, trying to get out of bed on his own and trying to talk ALL the time. He still has the trac and probably will for a while still. He is still getting the slightest assistance from the vent, but not much at all. He HATES the trac, always pulling on the straps, ect. When someone is not in the room with him, they tie down his legs and hands and put a big mitt thing over his left hand so he can't pull things out. He smiled really big when Chip and I walked into the room and mouthed "hey" when we said hello. He immediately attempted to get out of the bed and mouthed to us
"i'm ready to go" He is doing absolutely great compared to two weekends ago when we were last there. Mom is in the process of getting him ready to be transported back to Indy if not by the end of this week, hopefully no later than next week. He is still struggling with his right hand, but is able to lift it a little and squeeze some with it. The physical therapist have had him up and walking the halls with assistance and he loves that. He wants to get up on his own and sit on the side of the bed, but they won't let him do that even when we're there unless a physical therapist is around to watch him. He gets frustrated, which is very understandble when he tries to talk to us and we can't make out what he's tyring to say. But, all in all, he is doing fabulous considering where he was three weeks ago and we're hoping to have him back in Indy really soon so we can hang out with him alot more and keep him going on getting better.

Lori

What progress...These updates keep making me smile.....keep them coming.....:D

Ok Indy....I want to hear that you are chasing the nurses around.....

That is great news......tell everyone our thoughts have continued......and we love hearing great news like this.....bikertat

Great news! Thanks for the continued updates!:wavey:

Great news, his progress to recovery will probably be quick, as we have all hoped for. Thank you for the update, we will continue our support for him.

Great news, Lori & Chip!

I'm headed out to mow the lawn now. Hopefully I'll be done in time to stop by and see you (and Phil, of course) this afternoon.

Let's keep it going, Phil!

Great News Phil...Keep it up

Your The Man

Great news Lori. How is his room? Does he need more cards or silk flowers? Let us know if he needs anything.

Smoke

Phil

Thanks again for the thoughts and concerns. Kevan, Chip and I are home in Indy now, but Mom and Cameron will be there later if you go up........as far as his long term prognosis, not sure yet. We didn't get to really talk to anyone (dr's) there yesterday. I'll see what Moms says about that and let you know................Cards, Cards and More Cards, he loves looking at them and holding them in his hand.

You all are the best, thanks again

Lori

This is Awesome :D I wish I lived closer so I could visit him...But the way Kevan writes..It's just like we are there with him :rock: Thanks for the update Scuba :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back