Volant air intakes

VIPR PWR

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is anybody left using the Volant ram air intakes . Seems to have been a fad . I remember when Silverback ( Dad to you Wifey :D) Did testing on the aerodynamics of the trucks. Just to find out that the hood scoop did not function like a ram air setup due to it being a low pressure air or something and was mainly for ventilation of engine heat . Making the volant ram air weak or inoperative .. Scoop and volant were for looks !
Wifey any idea on Silverback ,, last I knew he sold his truck and bought a Yellow Cobra and then was gone from this site .

I know Train Man a scoop into the left fender for a ram air hook up . Was done properly as gave it a from the factory look ..
a few others ran a tube that the air entrance was in place of one of the fog lights .
Doms Truck I believe has it at the headlight area .

Is anybody left using the Volant ram air intakes . Seems to have been a fad . I remember when Silverback ( Dad to you Wifey :D) Did testing on the aerodynamics of the trucks. Just to find out that the hood scoop did not function like a ram air setup due to it being a low pressure air or something and was mainly for ventilation of engine heat . Making the volant ram air weak or inoperative .. Scoop and volant were for looks !
Wifey any idea on Silverback ,, last I knew he sold his truck and bought a Yellow Cobra and then was gone from this site .
I think he retired in Arizona. Not sure if he still has his Cobra. John (Dad) was a great contributor and very knowledgeable.

I think he retired in Arizona. Not sure if he still has his Cobra. John (Dad) was a great contributor and very knowledgeable.
Yes he was .. I believe he was an Engineer by profession and did some sort of aerodynamic testing to verify the hood scoops were just for looks and heat release areas for under hood hot air .
He posted a video on here of the test and explanation of it and results .

Yes he was .. I believe he was an Engineer by profession and did some sort of aerodynamic testing to verify the hood scoops were just for looks and heat release areas for under hood hot air .
He posted a video on here of the test and explanation of it and results .
Boeing engineer - for many years!

i remember a test with ribbons but not sure that's the same one

Boeing engineer - for many years!

i remember a test with ribbons but not sure that's the same one
Yes , that rings a bell now .. think he used some gizmo that also had smoke

So where is Trainman these days??

Was an honor meeting him at the gtg

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back