Vtcoa iPhone app

viperpwred

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Recently I've been looking into making an app for the iPhone to work with this forum. Before I do, I'm wondering if any moderators or admins would have an issue with this. #2. I will plan on charging for this app $0.99 for the fact that it will cost me $99 to sign up for the IPhone developer program... I will make this app for free if I can find a way around the developer prgm If I can't I'm looking at getting 100 people to put interest in this app before I start... Any put would be appreciated

curious answer to this had debated one for android also.. but its free for me to design apps for android :p

redice2 said:
curious answer to this had debated one for android also.. but its free for me to design apps for android :p
Shouldn't be too hard to make a droid app frm the apple app... Or from scratch for that matter... I'll look into it as well

What will the benefit be? I know other forums can be made to display better on the iphone. I am pretty sure some others I have been on are also powered by vBulletin.
Not sure whats involved going that route, or if it is even an option :dontknow:

could just do an app that lets you know when a forum is updated or someone posts to it for quick responses be one nice thing. also the ability to have the messages you receive here come directly to your phone and allow you to directly reply to them :)

sure there are other things also just first thoughts off top of my head :)

Like I said just started looking into it. Beta release I'm planning on atleast being able to view everything. I'd like to have a fully functional app. I don't know what the limitations are of this site being converted to an app. I'm doing research and want to know how many people would be interested in this app before investing the $$$ and days of work( if not more). I expect to have an clear idea of what is and isn't possible to do by the beginning of next week.

I'm interested, just wanting to know what your vision is.

wesalbert said:
I'm interested, just wanting to know what your vision is.
Ideally, the app would be the same as the site but you would get popup notifications for pm's and post replies, would like to also have notifications for local events but don't know if that's possible.

viperhauler said:
what can you NOT do on an iphone that you could with an app?

really, i don't know...that's why i'm asking...

Mainly... Having it notify you of updates without having to actually go to the site... Same thing as having a bank of America app or whatnot... Mainly for convenience

If you happen to work on a Droid version...I am in...:D

While I really don't see the need for the app, since the website is always up on my phone. I am in G/L...:rock:

Tweak said:
While I really don't see the need for the app, since the website is always up on my phone. I am in G/L...:rock:

I'm usually on my phone as well and I wanna make the app more phone friendly than the site like the search function and so on...
I think I will end up working on a droid version first though because that's free to create...

Quite a few of us have been using Forum Runner. Shaggy was able to get this up and running. 2 versions, a freebee and a paid.
I'm running the paid here with no problems.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back