VTCOA Super-Snake Hood (Prototype)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the chances of a Carbon Fibre option, for those of us who are extremely weight concious?

I received a call that my hood is done and that I will get it next week.After waiting a couple of months,I find out that you guys will have the raised scoop,that I have wanted all along.Congrats to super for addressing the need for this product:congrats: .Maybe I'll sell mine and put my name on the list and get the scoop I really want..

1qksrt said:
I received a call that my hood is done and that I will get it next week.After waiting a couple of months,I find out that you guys will have the raised scoop,that I have wanted all along.Congrats to super for addressing the need for this product:congrats: .Maybe I'll sell mine and put my name on the list and get the scoop I really want..

ahhh... young grasshopper, best things come to those who wait.....or was that just for Ketchup?

1. Roz
2. devildawg
3. linemup
4.GLhoward
5. Tnviper
6. mxzx440
7. jontyre
8.o4rcmoneypit
9.pro517
10. ironhead---no vents ,just big a$$ scoop - painted best color Black-w/new hood grill
11. 505'sfastestyugo
12. big worm
13. 5 0 bait
14. tsmith3
15. begood
16. dominick 572
17. wheredwhogo
18. Treker
19. shadow203
20. ccfeyh
21. Big Ike
22. GriffsSRT
23. Serpent
24. eddie102870
25. FASTFOOD
26. labontecsi
27. 700hpOdyssey
28. Ram From Hell
29. walbert
30.Bmako
31. kyle's srt10-no vents.

Trainman said:
What are the chances of a Carbon Fibre option, for those of us who are extremely weight concious?

Have to deal with the fiberglass hoods first.

TNVIPER said:
How much weight diff is there between fiberglass & carbon fiber?...

MYTH: Carbon fiber is light
This is not true, carbon is heavy stuff. Carbon fiber is just what the name says - fibers made from carbon. What makes the parts so light is that it is so strong that there's so little of it used. C/F is claimed to be up to 10x stronger than steel, so accordingly you would only have to use 1/10th as much for the same strength.

A new thread is being written now, and I need to only have one thread and one list to contend with;)

I allready pm'd bob, so not sure how long the thread will last.

505'sFastestViper. said:
MYTH: Carbon fiber is light
This is not true, carbon is heavy stuff. Carbon fiber is just what the name says - fibers made from carbon. What makes the parts so light is that it is so strong that there's so little of it used. C/F is claimed to be up to 10x stronger than steel, so accordingly you would only have to use 1/10th as much for the same strength.

Then allow me to play the myth buster before this thread is closed.. My 7 year old daughter lifted my CF hood by herself without a problem before it was installed.. She couldn't lift my OEM hood.

Venom Power said:
Then allow me to play the myth buster before this thread is closed.. My 7 year old daughter lifted my CF hood by herself without a problem before it was installed.. She couldn't lift my OEM hood.
yeah but the question is it lighter than fiberglass because we all know an oem hood is metal

Carbon fiber will always be lighter than fiberglass. But fiberglass costs a LOT less.

Bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back