Wake Up Call

ROKTMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A certain lieutenant colonel at Luke AFB deserves a big pat on the back. Apparently, an individual who lives somewhere near Luke AFB wrote the local paper complaining about a group of F-16s that disturbed his/her day at the mall. When that individual read the response from a Luke AFB officer, it must have stung quite a bit.

The complaint:
"Question of the day for Luke Air Force Base: Whom do we thank for the morning air show? Last Wednesday, at precisely 9:11 a.m., a tight formation of four F-16 jets made a low pass over Arrowhead Mall, continuing west over Bell Road at approximately 500 feet. Imagine our good fortune! Do the Tom Cruise-wannabes feel we need this wake-up call, or were they trying to impress the cashiers at Mervyns early bird special? Any response would be appreciated."

The response:
Regarding "A wake-up call from Luke's jets" (Letters, Thursday): On June 15, at precisely 9:12 a.m., a perfectly timed four-ship flyby of F-16s from the 63rd Fighter Squadron at Luke Air Force Base flew over the grave of Capt. Jeremy Fresques. Capt. Fresques was an Air Force officer who was previously stationed at Luke Air Force Base and was killed in Iraq on May 30, Memorial Day. At 9 a.m. on June 15, his family and friends gathered at Sunland Memorial Park in Sun City to mourn the loss of a husband, son and friend.

Based on the letter writer's recount of the flyby, and because of the jet noise, I'm sure you didn't hear the 21-gun salute, the playing of taps, or my words to the widow and parents of Capt. Fresques as I gave them their son's flag on behalf of the President of the United States and all those veterans and servicemen and women who understand the sacrifices they have endured. A four-ship flyby is a display of respect the Air Force pays to those who give their lives in defense of freedom. We are professional aviators and take our jobs seriously, and on June 15 what the letter writer witnessed was four officers lining up to pay their ultimate respects. The letter writer asks, "Whom do we thank for the morning air show?" The 56th Fighter Wing will call for you, and forward your thanks to the widow and parents of Capt. Fresques, and thank them for you, for it was in their honor that my pilots flew the most honorable formation of their lives.

Lt. Col. Scott Pleus
CO 63rd Fighter Squadron
Luke AFB

Thanks Dave

Jeff Gardner, SSgt
HAFB 421st AMU Black Widows

God Bless Capt. Fresques

Thank You Sir

Hat-tip to the military folks kicking ass so we can sit here and type this.

Note to the letter writer:
YOU LIVE NEAR AN AIR FORCE BASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do the math.

Time to climb in the seat and join the USAF Honor Guard

Thanks You to the boys at Luke AFB Az

Last edited:
MYuGiOh Motorsports said:
Time to climb in the seat and join the USAF Honor Guard

Thanks You to the boys at Luke AFB Az

I think I can see my house in that photo.

Just kidding but I do live only about 3 miles from LukeAFB. I think it awesome how the jets fly so low. Yesterday on my way home I was driving past the AFB and a F16 was landing and it was like 30 feet above my truck. WAY COOL!!! :rock:

It is refreshing to see a man state in open terms what the big picture really is and even more so, in this land of political correctness.

Nevertheless, sorry about the language on some of these....but for those in the military, have been, or in relation to, you will find these so true about military/service friends:

OTHER FRIENDS: Never ask for food
MILITARY FRIENDS: Are the reason you have no food.

OTHER FRIENDS: Call your parents Mr. and Mrs.
MILITARY FRIENDS: Call your parents mom and dad.

OTHER FRIENDS: Bail you out of jail and tell you what you did was wrong.
MILITARY FRIENDS: Would be sitting next to you saying, Damn...we fucked up...but that shit was fun!"

OTHER FRIENDS: Have never seen you cry.
MILITARY FRIENDS: Cry with you.

OTHER FRIENDS: Borrow your stuff for a few days then give it back.
MILITARY FRIENDS: Keep your stuff so long they forget it's yours.

OTHER FRIENDS: know a few things about you.
MILITARY FRIENDS: Could write a book with direct quotes from you.

OTHER FRIENDS: Will leave you behind if that's what the crowd is doing.
MILITARY FRIENDS: Will kick the whole crowds ass that left you.

OTHER FRIENDS: Would knock on your door.
MILITARY FRIENDS: Walk right in and say, "I'm home!"

OTHER FRIENDS: Are for a while.
MILITARY FRIENDS: Are for life.

OTHER FRIENDS: Will take your drink away when they think you've had enough.
MILITARY FRIENDS: Will look at you stumbling all over the place and say, "Bitch, you better drink the rest of that, you know we don't waste!!"

OTHER FRIENDS: Will talk shit to the person who talks shit about you.
MILITARY FRIENDS: Will knock them the fuck out!!

OTHER FRIENDS: Will ignore this.
MILITARY FRIENDS: Will repost on other sites.

Last edited:
Bone said:
It is refreshing to see a man state in open terms what the big picture really is and even more so, in this land of political correctness.

Nevertheless, sorry about the language on some of these....but for those in the military, have been, or in relation to, you will find these so true about military/service friends:

OTHER FRIENDS: Never ask for food
MILITARY FRIENDS: Are the reason you have no food.

OTHER FRIENDS: Call your parents Mr. and Mrs.
MILITARY FRIENDS: Call your parents mom and dad.

OTHER FRIENDS: Bail you out of jail and tell you what you did was wrong.
MILITARY FRIENDS: Would be sitting next to you saying, Damn...we fucked up...but that shit was fun!"

OTHER FRIENDS: Have never seen you cry.
MILITARY FRIENDS: Cry with you.

OTHER FRIENDS: Borrow your stuff for a few days then give it back.
MILITARY FRIENDS: Keep your stuff so long they forget it's yours.

OTHER FRIENDS: know a few things about you.
MILITARY FRIENDS: Could write a book with direct quotes from you.

OTHER FRIENDS: Will leave you behind if that's what the crowd is doing.
MILITARY FRIENDS: Will kick the whole crowds ass that left you.

OTHER FRIENDS: Would knock on your door.
MILITARY FRIENDS: Walk right in and say, "I'm home!"

OTHER FRIENDS: Are for a while.
MILITARY FRIENDS: Are for life.

OTHER FRIENDS: Will take your drink away when they think you've had enough.
MILITARY FRIENDS: Will look at you stumbling all over the place and say, "Bitch, you better drink the rest of that, you know we don't waste!!"

OTHER FRIENDS: Will talk shit to the person who talks shit about you.
MILITARY FRIENDS: Will knock them the fuck out!!

OTHER FRIENDS: Will ignore this.
MILITARY FRIENDS: Will repost on other sites.
Well said Bone.I got to see that the week we spent at the Nats.Just goes to show you what really is important man!:D :D

I swear them liberal civilian douche bags need to wake up and smell the roses they wouldn't have a right to bitch if it wasn't for those Proud Men and Women wearing the Uniforms of the United States Military...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back