Wamp,wamp,wamp.......what the hell?

fursale

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a problem that has propped up again.Every now and then when I take off from a stop at half throttle or more the engine does a wamp,wamp,wamp, 3 times and then takes off.Doesn't happen very often but is doing it more often than it did a few months ago.
it is like turning the spark on and off 3 times in 2 seconds.
Anyone know what it might be.:dontknow:

fursale said:
I have a problem that has propped up again.Every now and then when I take off from a stop at half throttle or more the engine does a wamp,wamp,wamp, 3 times and then takes off.Doesn't happen very often but is doing it more often than it did a few months ago.
it is like turning the spark on and off 3 times in 2 seconds.
Anyone know what it might be.:dontknow:

if your talking about a bogging or like there is a fuel shortage, mine does the same thing...i have no idea and it does it every now and then and then jsut goes away.....not enough to diagnose

I read this when you first posted it , but been trying to figure out all day what a wamp wamp really is, years of descriptions and never heard that one LOL

im guessing could be the coil from spark plugs going bad...if it gets any worse engine light should turn on

No backfiring.From a standing start or slow roll if I open the throttle past half way the engine goes to about 2500- rpm then shuts down for 1/2 second then re-fires for 1/2 second 3 times just like the ecm cannot figure out what to do.
Either that or it is losing spark or the injectors shut of and right back on.After that it goes like hell no problem.Only happens about every 20th time I take off.
Can scare the crap out out of you when trying to pull out with traffic coming.:confused:

I see from your sig line you have a stage 2 93 oct tune. Does it do it regardless of which tune you run, e.g. stock vice the stage 2?

I would have to put the stock ecm back in to see,but it has been running the 93 octane stage 2 for 2 years and this started about 6 months ago.
May be worth a try though.

look under the hood near the fuse box for the battery cable junction box, tighten and clean the connections and tighten the connection of the ground at the thermostate housing;)

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
look under the hood near the fuse box for the battery cable junction box, tighten and clean the connections and tighten the connection of the ground at the thermostate housing;)

Will do.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back