Wanted 06 RC (prefer Gray) Northeast

46hemi

Reaction score
Have seen all the ones on Ebay and Autotrader. If anyone knows of one shoot me a PM. Looking for a lower mileage stocker if poss. Thanks

Another bump...C'mon..I know you are out there! I keep seeing new ones pop up on Autotrader so someone is trading in these trucks!!!

I'm not trying to discourage you, but, the only production numbers we ever saw here for 2006 Mineral Gray Met.Clear RC's, puts the total production number (In the United States) at 109. For Canada and other markets the total production was 22. (Mineral Gray RC's only). There isn't much to go on, and I can't speak for everyone, but I believe these numbers to be fairly accurate.
Good luck in your search.:)......I think total production of these trucks (quads and cabs) for all three years of production, may be a bit over 10,000 .........For comparison, a bad year in total new car sales for the United States, is roughly 12,000,000., give or take.

Last edited:
joemags54 said:
I'm not trying to discourage you, but, the only production numbers we ever saw here for 2006 Mineral Gray Met.Clear RC's, puts the total production number (In the United States) at 109. For Canada and other markets the total production was 22. (Mineral Gray RC's only). There isn't much to go on, and I can't speak for everyone, but I believe these numbers to be fairly accurate.
Good luck in your search.:)......I think total production of these trucks (quads and cabs) for all three years of production, may be a bit over 10,000 .........For comparison, a bad year in total new car sales for the United States, is roughly 12,000,000, give or take.

Those numbers sound about right for the 06's. I had an 06 mineral grey QC, and I hated letting it go for that very reason. I think total production for the trucks was around 9k, so even the most common Viper Truck is pretty damn rare:D

Mineral Gray RC's are pretty rare to see for sale. If you are waiting to see one come up in you local area, you may be disappointed. The last 4 Mineral Gray RC's I've found for sale have all been in the south, so your going to have to plan on traveling to get your wish

VJ

LoveThisTruck said:
Those numbers sound about right for the 06's. I had an 06 mineral grey QC, and I hated letting it go for that very reason. I think total production for the trucks was around 9k, so even the most common Viper Truck is pretty damn rare:D
Thanks for the back up. I didn't think total production was even that low. (9000). Too bad about your mineral gray, but the '05 bright silver looks pretty snappy.:D I think there were just under 300 RC's in bright silver produced for the USA in '05.:)

joemags54 said:
Thanks for the back up. I didn't think total production was even that low. (9000). Too bad about your mineral gray, but the '05 bright silver looks pretty snappy.:D I think there were just under 300 RC's in bright silver produced for the USA in '05.:)

According to Wikipedia:

2006 Mineral grey RC- 131
2005 Silver RC- 280
9,527 total;)
Silver is the rarest every year:rock: minus the "special editions". 14 bright silver metalics made in 2006 (6 RCs)... that'd be sweet.

I missed the big grey QC for a bit... then I got #270, and forgot all about it:D

LoveThisTruck said:
According to Wikipedia:

2005 Silver RC- 280
9,527 total;)
Silver is the rarest every year:rock: minus the "special editions". 14 bright silver metalics made in 2006 (6 RCs)... that'd be sweet.

I missed the big grey QC for a bit... then I got #270, and forgot all about it:D
I'm still pondering the black '04 that went for 29800 at the Barrett-Jackson auction in Florida. I mean it was a first day, afternoon, bid time (lot number 21, I think). I know sometimes you pay a premium (usually at the Scottsdale auction). but 28500? I would have never guessed.

Last edited:
LoveThisTruck said:
According to Wikipedia:

2005 Silver RC- 280
9,527 total;)

The reason for that is most people dont want to be seen in such a sissy color................................:D :p :aetsch:

joemags54 said:
I'm still pondering the black '04 that went for 29800 at the Barrett-Jackson auction in Florida. I mean it was a first day, afternoon, bid time (lot number 21, I think). I know sometimes you pay a premium (usually at the Scottsdale auction). but 28500? I would have never guessed.
barrett jackson auctions have alot of morons bidding,most of these guys just want to be on television so they'll bid some outrageous amounts .

i stopped watching it ,the market value of these vehicles don't even come closeto what they are getting in the barrett jackson auctions.
the vehicle sold for 28900 but b-j literally gets a 10% buyers premium and 10% sellers .so the total transaction ends up being 20% more than the winning bid

flchub said:
barrett jackson auctions have alot of morons bidding,most of these guys just want to be on television so they'll bid some outrageous amounts .

i stopped watching it ,the market value of these vehicles don't even come closeto what they are getting in the barrett jackson auctions.
the vehicle sold for 28900 but b-j literally gets a 10% buyers premium and 10% sellers .so the total transaction ends up being 20% more than the winning bid
I agree there maybe a "mystique premium", but this was the first day in the afternoon. If you were looking for attention you picked the wrong time and day.... I watched as much of the auction as possible and feel most of the vehicles were well bought. To brand most participants as morons is harsh. There are some well known faces and highly respected collectors out there spending money. :)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back