Wanting to purchase a quad cab SRT Ram and have Q's

Gsbrecords

Reaction score
I'm going to buy a quad cab SRT but not sure what I should be looking for to make sure I don't get a lemon. It is between a C5 corvette Z06 and the quad cab SRT. I don't have any particular needs I just want to go fast. I don't know if I can make the truck a low 11 high 10 quarter mile vehicle but I can with the vette. What are yalls thoughts? Also what do yall think the cost would be to make a high 10 low 11 automatic quad cab srt that was also reliable? Any and all feedback would be appreciated.

Welcome to the VTCoA! First and most important question in your quest for a low 11 second automatic quad cab is......

How deep are your pockets? They better be very deep to accomplish that.

Welcome to the vtcoa. I laughed a little when I saw the low 11 thing when comparing a corvette to a two and half ton truck. It can be done but u can prolly buy a corvette. ...and a qc regular ram with the $ you spend.

For cost effective ness buy the z06. To be different and have something others don't and still have a truck buy the 10! 10 will cost you 3 times what it will cost the vetted to go the same times it's as simple as that

This thread will show you exactly what it takes to go low 11's - high 10's, in an SRT10: http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/f11/10-quickest-srt10s-58273/#post1240361

At minimum, you are going to need boost ($6000 for a used supercharger), traction ($1000 for suspension help, used wheels, and tires), spray ($3500 gets you well into the game), tuning ($1000 for an SCT and a little dyno time), a transmission ($5000 for a built JTSVP), and track time. That puts you at a total of $16,500, assuming you shop deals and can do all the install work yourself. I say go with the QC SRT10 :D

Why a vette or a quad cab? The regular cab would be a closer comparison to the vette(6speed, 2seats).

Z06, faster, handles better, rides better, probably does everything better. Cheaper to mod too....easy decision here. Enjoy yourself either way.

Z06, faster, handles better, rides better, probably does everything better. Cheaper to mod too....easy decision here. Enjoy yourself either way.
Doesnt haul 5 people better, or a boat, or a load of mulch in the bed.....still beats some choicea people have made with 10s tho.

Doesnt haul 5 people better, or a boat, or a load of mulch in the bed.....still beats some choicea people have made with 10s tho.

Well if you want to do all that then yes the 10 would be it but the OP said he wants to go fast not haul stuff...............:chain:

It was on mine though .:R!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My 10 was faster(I think...) but nowhere as much FUN as I'm having now.........Good thing I got rid of the 10 when I did as I'm now down 1 vehicle so no winter switch over, would have been screwed if I kept it.....all things happen for a reason I guess...

I'll sell you mine. Low 12's with just bolt on's. 31k miles

Just so happens that I am selling my QC that is has almost everything you are looking for. There is nothing better than the look on someone's face when you beet them in a full size four door truck and they are in a sports car! There are plenty of corvettes out there that'll do 180+, but not very many QC trucks! LOL

Just so happens that I am selling my QC that is has almost everything you are looking for. There is nothing better than the look on someone's face when you beet them in a full size four door truck and they are in a sports car! There are plenty of corvettes out there that'll do 180+, but not very many QC trucks! LOL
How many miles are on your truck?

Welcome from Phoenix, Arizona. You are talking apple or oranges. With what your are wanting go with the vette. Good Luck.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back