Warning for Florida drivers...

v10 fat said:
in the uk the cops make you pull your tinted window film off by the side of the road. if you hesitate they will get a rig out and tow it to the police compound.

can you belive that shit

Michigan Highway Patrol does that too.

HaulinAsp said:
hehehe^

A few years ago I was pulled over by a Statie who had the darkened windows, He came up to the door and did the same routine- "Do ya know why I pulled you over?" No I don't.... "For tinted windows" You're kidding me right? "No- DL-Reg-Ins please" No problem- When he sat back is car I proceeded to get out of mine- walked to his and started taking pictures with a digital camera... "What are you doing ?! Get back in your vehicle" Sorry sir, you have my documents I am not leaving anywhere and if I am to recieve a summons for tint, then I want my lawyer prepared for my defense- seems to my untrained eyes that YOUR tint is even darker than mine........

LOL

I had a nice day with no summons recieved....

Now that's a classic!! Too funny! :rock: :rock:

Its been tough in New Jersey,when I lived there a few years back.
Thanks for the heads up!FYI-My tint is totaly legal!!!!

They are indeed cracking down on tint. I have had my entire windshield tinted for some months and scraped it off a few weeks ago. Didn't want any problems with the law since we work close together. Plus I figured if I ever got into an accident and someone seen a tinted windshield, man what a lawsuit on my behind!

My tint is legal but I wanted darker but did not want the additional hassle.....no front plate, no cats, loud as hell, speed alot. For me, its about stopping the precancerous growths on the left side of my face from driving on this island for the last 20 years. I will never own convertable for that reason alone.

patrick

an local article I read today...

By Mark Jenkins
E-mail | Biography
The Florida Highway Patrol is looking for drivers they can't see.

If your vehicle windows are too dark you may end up with a ticket worth nearly $100.

Many of you who have already been ticketed called or email News 13 asking about the crack-down.

In November, the FHP received seven or eight new tint meters.

They allow troopers to test the amount of light that passes through car windows.

Florida law allows your back windows to be darker than the front two.

The rear window and back sides must allow more than 15% of light in.

The front side windows must allow 28% of light in.

Non-reflective tint is allowed on the windshield, but there's still specifications.

"The AS1 line. Almost all vehicles have it. That is as low as you can go with the visor strip," says Rad Bolt, General Manager of Wattsound Car Audio in Panama City. "Most people want a visor strip really long that's usually what the cops are looking for is something that's going to be below that line. Some asi lines are longer than others some may be up to 1 inch some may be up to six inches, but if your tint is below that line it is illegal."

"If it's too dark it obstructs their view and distorts their distance a vehicle may be particularly at night," FHP Lt. Dave Brown said. "You can misjudge the distance of the headlights."

Brown says window tint violations result in a single fine of $70.50.

Does anyone here know why they don't like dark tint? I know I've never posted before but I've been lurking for a while.

The reason they crack down on tint is officer safety. Two years ago in Montgomery, AL an officer was shot and killed when he pulled a car over for speeding. He couldn't see inside because the tint was so dark and the gunman could take perfect aim at his head. You may say, "Well, I would never do anything like that." How is a LEO supposed to know who will and who won't shoot them at the drop of a hat? Sure it might be a source of revenue but the main reason is safety.

Mr5150 said:
Does anyone here know why they don't like dark tint? I know I've never posted before but I've been lurking for a while.

The reason they crack down on tint is officer safety. Two years ago in Montgomery, AL an officer was shot and killed when he pulled a car over for speeding. He couldn't see inside because the tint was so dark and the gunman could take perfect aim at his head. You may say, "Well, I would never do anything like that." How is a LEO supposed to know who will and who won't shoot them at the drop of a hat? Sure it might be a source of revenue but the main reason is safety.

I think there are many more procedural changes that could be made rather than limiting tint on a personal vehicle. I can see some public safety involved, but revenue generation is the #1 driver of this law, same with the front plate law.

Ever notice that many of the patrol cars drive the same streets with tint so dark you can't see through it with a flashlight???

--wes

wesman said:
Ever notice that many of the patrol cars drive the same streets with tint so dark you can't see through it with a flashlight???

--wes

Whats your point? They aren't gonna get pulled over and then proceed to shoot the officer that comes to their window.

Mr5150 said:
Whats your point? They aren't gonna get pulled over and then proceed to shoot the officer that comes to their window.

How do you know that ?

So, pull someone over for too dark of tint....and they shoot you...then what? You have to pull them over to give them the ticket....it's a stupid law and only aids in revenue generation....much like the 20 mile construction zones that FHP like to patrol where there's 4 total workers for the entire stretch :dontknow:

--wes

As a youngster, I was taught to study the driver for any visual clue or hint, as to what they may be planning for their next move. You can find this advice in any motorcycle street safety discussion, as well. Blacked out windows would obviously eliminate this safety clue.

Well an officer here was shot out of a home, now I think there should be a law that says you front door has to be clear and that you can't hang any curtains ups...

It's all about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and thats it. Cops that stop for reason like, tint, front plates, headlights to low, my personal fav. "you truck was illegaly lowerd", and of course the speed cameras and red light cameras.... it's all about $$$$

Legal term of the day : "Non-moving violation"

Pastohio said:
BUT a lot of senior people now drive around with the little trailer lifts on their back bumpers that hold their motorized scooters and you can't even see the license plate and in many cases you can't even see the taillights, why do they let this happen ???!!!

Yup, my annual AARP dues at work!:rock: :rock: :rock:

P.S. Our little carts on the rear help us to get the front wheels off the ground so we can pop wheelies in our trucks:D :D :D :p

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back