WARNING!!

BigDave1970

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to let everyone know. I had posted on the forum about a problem I was having with tearing up ACC belts on my 04. I have found and corrected the problem now. Just wanted to put out a warning to you guys that my problem was that the Harmonic Balancer was backing out!!! Be careful and I recommend you check on yours before something bad happens. My balancer was out by 1/4". Not a good situation. It either wasnt torqued properly from the factory, or my local dealer didnt torque it down after working on it. Either way it could have had disasterous results!!!

Has anyone seen this problem on the 05's or 06's

moparracing said:
i think i remember this being just an '04 issue..... i think there even was a TSB on it.... :dontknow:

The TSB that I think you are thinking of is in reference to the Cam sprocket. They came from the factory with the wrong torque specs on those bolts. I havent heard of a TSB on the balancer.

Yes, common thing. Past posts hit the nail on the head, as a precaution check the bolt at oil change time, just make it part of the routine.

I believe that also changed in/somtime in 05. 13/16" is ringing a bell with later bigger. Been a few months since I checked mine....

anyone know the torque spec? I have not had any issues, but now im concerned.

so should i just check it with a torque wrench or take it out blue locktite and re-install???

Take it out and blue lock-tite it

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back