warranty

ChristopherSRT10

Has Left the Room - Banned from VTCOA!
Reaction score
Aren't you all worried about voiding your warranties with all the mods you add to your trucks? Me, I'm a simpleton anyways, so it's doubtful that I would ever really modify a vehicle. I'm just curious, though. I understand that money really isn't an object for most of the owner's on this forum and I'm not exactly strapped for cash, either. I just approach things with a real "if it ain't broke don't fix it" mentality.

I'm not criticizing at all. Some of you have put a lot of time, money and dedication to your Viper Trucks and it shows.

I know where ya comming from bro, !

cant speak for everyone else, and not that i have much rights to talk since my truck is bone stock right know, because im modding my vette. However Way i see it , i allready made plans to keep my truck till im old and grey, so im kinda following the same path, dont fix it till it breaks, but when it breaks, fix it 1000hp better :D

Viper7777 said:
I know where ya comming from bro, !

cant speak for everyone else, and not that i have much rights to talk since my truck is bone stock right know, because im modding my vette. However Way i see it , i allready made plans to keep my truck till im old and grey, so im kinda following the same path, dont fix it till it breaks, but when it breaks, fix it 1000hp better :D

You must have a hell of alot of patience, I personally can't wait to get my hp up!! LOL!

It's the old "You play, you pay" thing. Mine is relatively stock, and I have a good relationship with my dealer so warranty is not an issue for me. Others are happy to say the hell with it and do what they want.

AWDisuzu said:
anyone who has added NOS or a supercharger isn't worried. ;-)

Saw an 06 RC with a blown engine from nitrous. Was it anyon e on here?

Well my vette is allmost done, just doing mostly visual mods, and servicing the whole car for another 100k miles

then comes the fun for my truck. Frist thing is lowering, cals, and then exhaust

greatone61 said:
You must have a hell of alot of patience, I personally can't wait to get my hp up!! LOL!

Don't want to sound condescending, but IMO this is not a rational purchase...it is pure emotion, and a lot of testosterone.

From time to time someone voices concern about mpg, or the cost of Mobile 1 Syn, or replacing a stock clutch with a Centerforce...etc. If those issues concern people they may not have understood the nature of this vehicle. Some of us never touch a thing and love the truck, others mod for the sake of mods, or chase rwhp with reckless abandon.

The demographics on SRT 10 purchasers skews older and more affluent than most other performance vehicles. One of the consequences of having an older owner base, is that we tend to care for our trucks, usually are able to create a positive relationship with a service manager or owner of a dealership, or have the disposable resources necessary to support our passion.

Sorry, didn't mean to lecture, I tend to do that...

So....

Sean Roe....get it in gear, and finish that top mount twin screw supercharger for our trucks...

You must decide if you want your truck in it's stock condition.

If you intend to mod.........You'd better have a dealer who's willing to look the other way. 'Cause if Dodge finds out about it, yer warranty is toast.

I was unfortunate with my circumstances in that my warranty is toast. But I've had no service issues other than replacing my clutch hydraulics.... LOL which voided my warranty....ROF.... and I also have a 600rwhp truck that goes like stank.

Eventually you have to decide between modding or a warranty.... Because as Bob Dylan sez...."It may be the devil or it may be the Lord, But yer gonna hafta serve somebody...."

Good Luck with your decision.......

"To mod or not to mod... That is the question...." -Django Shakespere

Warranty Shmoranty, I give a rats ass about a vehicles warranty when I buy it. Why:dontknow: because I'm the one who fixes it when its broken. I wont let some knuckle draggin mechanic, muck around with my stuff for an hour or day or 2 then proceed to try tell me about my vehicle.
Most times I'll purchase the broken part from my dealer, install it myself then return the broken parts to my service manager and they can reimburse me for the cost of the part.
Granted there are alot of good mechanics out there who know their stuff, but the majority of the time i dont get those guys working on my truck, so I dont even bother trying anymore.

ChristopherSRT10 said:
Aren't you all worried about voiding your warranties with all the mods you add to your trucks? Me, I'm a simpleton anyways, so it's doubtful that I would ever really modify a vehicle. I'm just curious, though. I understand that money really isn't an object for most of the owner's on this forum and I'm not exactly strapped for cash, either. I just approach things with a real "if it ain't broke don't fix it" mentality.

I'm not criticizing at all. Some of you have put a lot of time, money and dedication to your Viper Trucks and it shows.

I would say that most everyone on here didn't intend to modify their trucks when they bought them, but I am convinced there's some sort of subliminal message that starts coming out of the radio at about 90 days of ownership and then you catch some sort of sickness after the first mod you do...after that, there is no cure...:D

Texas Yellow Fever said:
I would say that most everyone on here didn't intend to modify their trucks when they bought them, but I am convinced there's some sort of subliminal message that starts coming out of the radio at about 90 days of ownership and then you catch some sort of sickness after the first mod you do...after that, there is no cure...:D

Damn, I must be especially suseptible to that illness, because I started searching for deals on parts the second the ebay auction closed on my truck. I had never even touched an SRT-10 and still knew it needed all kinds of mods to make me happy. Now I am slowly working on that.

BTW, just in case you were wondering, my truck has no warranty now at 11,000 miles and I couldn't care less. Blowing the motor or screwing up the tranny would just give me an excuse to make it all that much better!!

Stock is fine. These trucks are bad-ass the way they came from the factory, and if you are happy with that, then so be it. I am not happy with that. I could have 1000hp and would still be planning what I am going to do to the truck next.....Walt? Your comments?

Greg

well,out on the roads anyway....i havent had my arss spanked too bad,by anybody yet! a few modded vettes,a couple heavily modded T/A's,and a couple a NASTY STANG's!,but thats about it....no L has whooped me on the streets yet! of course,I have only run about 8 of them....havent seen too many around lately. And Only about 3 other srt10's and i'm pretty sure they were stock too,maybe headers at the most! but,then again none of you guys with you're TWIN TURBOS, OR SUPERCHARGERS live around here!,i'm sure i'd lose to yall,without question! I guess what i'm rambling on about is...
Havent seen a real big need to mod performance wise yet! AND I STILL STAND BY MY MANY,MANY COMMENTS ABOUT NOT BEING ABLE TO HOOK UP WHAT HP I DO HAVE! I know,I know...caltracs...which I will be getting soon! but then i'll be after some slicks! and then...A NEW CLUTCH..I'M SURE!
I WILL PROBABLY DO A SET OF FLOWMASTERS,DUALED W/ A X PIPE...SHORTLY AFTER THAT...
MY BIG DEAL IS...I'M NOT RICH...AND AFTER LOSING SOO MUCH $$$ ON MY STOLEN SRT10QC (like $7k)....I'M ALMOST BACK TO WHERE I WAS B4 THAT!
A LITTLE AT A TIME! BUT,IT WILL BE A FEW YRS B4 I EVEN THINK ABOUT GOING INTO THE MOTOR! AND I AM LEANING TOWARDS DOING A STROKER MOD, B4 THINKING S/C, OR TURBO....ITS KOOL THOUGH...I'M PLENTY HAPPY WITH MY TRUCKS "GET UP AND GO" AS IS....AND LIKE I SAID I CAN ALWAYS JUST GO RE-FILL MY BOTTLE...WHEN I FEEL THE NEED!

De-HemiFyd said:
...I'M PLENTY HAPPY WITH MY TRUCKS "GET UP AND GO" AS IS....AND LIKE I SAID I CAN ALWAYS JUST GO RE-FILL MY BOTTLE...WHEN I FEEL THE NEED!

Back on topic:

...and if most dealers, service techs or mechanics saw yer bottle, you wouldn't be able to get warranty coverage on so much as a seat latch.....

SD

I never intended to do any mods to my truck when I purchased it. Then one day while driving down the road this crazy guy in a Yellow Fever edition came blowing by me (Ylw-Fvr). He has just installed the magnaflow and a CIA on his truck and proceeded to turn me onto the "other site" we don't talk about and the vendors like Boomer, BDIA, Wormsterr, etc. The rest is history...the credit card emerged from the wallet and I have been in debt ever since! As for warranty, I have no issues. Everything I have done to my truck has been discussed with the dealer beforehand to ensure warranty remains intact. I also chose to go with Mopar performance parts (don't always product the most HP for our trucks...) and dealer installing so I could retain my warranty. I'm happy; drive the truck daily; and I'm still not done with the mods...but I am slowing down some!!!

I must say, that I am one of the fortunate ones. The viper tech at the dealership I go to his great. They know that I have NOS in the truck, and they said that they didn't care. If fact my viper tech keeps asking me when am I gonna get a super charger put on it. They know about all the mods I did to it, headers, cat-delet, pcm flash, nos, magnaflow exaust, cold air intake. They think that it is great. I even had a little warranty work done on the rear end. It is sad that some dealerships will try and void your warranty for the smallest thing, and then there are dealerships that don't care if you moddify it as long as the customer is happy.

Texas Yellow Fever said:

For me it was joining this board that made me start modding! I didn't wanna be called stockboy!:dontknow:

greatone61 said:
For me it was joining this board that made me start modding! I didn't wanna be called stockboy!:dontknow:

STOCKBOY

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back