Water Leaking From A Pillar

fe4snake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has had a similar problem with rain water leaking into the cab from the inside A Pillar? It's a 2005 Quad Cab. The leak is on both driver and passenger sides. It drips down from A pillar onto the floor.

Any suggestions? :dontknow:

Do you have a sun roof?? Of so blow out the drain tubes.

Or the 3rd brake light is known to leak as well. Put a little bit of silicone around it and seal it back up. They dont make gaskets for it.

I've had a body shop replace a windshield on a previous truck I owned and they didn't seal it very well and had leaks like that. I have also worked on a lot of vehicles with sunroof drains plugged up that leak that way as well. Good luck!

There was a TSB issued for the door seals for 04's. not sure about the 05-06's though. Do you have any wind noise at high speeds also?

Have seen the sun roof drain tubes blown off trying to clear a clog. Most don't have clamps holding the tubes on the drain pipes.

I do have a sun roof. Do you know where are the drain holes located?

I do have a sun roof. Do you know where are the drain holes located?

If you crawl under the truck you can find them. There are a total of 4 typically, 2 on each side, 1 front and 1 back.

Thanks, for info. Will try to blow out the drains and see if this works. I'm tired of getting my interior wet every time it rains or washing the truck.

Great time for this thread, mine just started to do the same thing.

When you blow those tubes, turn your air pressure real low. Also, with the sun roof, make sure it is adjusted properly. Mine was leaking at the A pillars, turns out the slider was out of adjustment.

There was a TSB issued for the door seals for 04's. not sure about the 05-06's though. Do you have any wind noise at high speeds also?

Wow, I've been around for a few years now and I've never seen you post before. Truck looks cool! Can you post pics?

Mine leaked from the 3rd brake lite only when going through the automatic washes. Some foam tape and hand washing has stopped that

Wow, I've been around for a few years now and I've never seen you post before. Truck looks cool! Can you post pics?

Eh, one of the Old Guard so to speak. I don't post much, lol, mostly come here for the popcorn moments lol....:D

Don't have many pics of the truck right now, I'm n Korea, it's in Texas:(

Attachments

• 20140823_194508.jpg
    20140823_194508.jpg
    875.8 KB · Views: 35
  • 4919_1069387182115_7459436_n.jpg
    4919_1069387182115_7459436_n.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 43
Eh, one of the Old Guard so to speak. I don't post much, lol, mostly come here for the popcorn moments lol....:D

I see your location says Fort Leavenworth. I assume you aren't there any more? The only reason I ask is I visit there frequently, brother in law is stationed there currently.

The stripes on that thing look sweet! Is it an RC or a QC?

Back