water / meth

2000 ppm is huge it is the number that I quoted earlier...I submit that most odors that are detected when someone thinks they smell methanol are additives that are intentionally added by manufacturers so that the fumes of methanol can be detected...it is a very dangerous inhalant, and many organizations that produce it add odors that can be detected well before 2000 ppm. The inability to detect methanol by smell is one of the most dangerous aspects of the substance.

For instance, some cleaners that have a "citrus" odor use 200 ppm of limonene to enhance the market appeal...the normal threshold of 2000 ppm is...well you can do the math.

Come smell my non-odorous five gallon pail if you wish, or not...

Last edited:
Also too are you not using Booster Juice in your water/meth set-up? This what your smelling is the additive in the Booster Juice, just ask Prof.? Lol

Boost Juice is the brand that Snow Performance markets. It is a blend of 50% methanol, 50% water. I just took a whiff and I get a faint scent but it is not harsh. Smells more like a weak cleaning solution.

Did not know about it. Thanks.

You are only about 250 miles away...we need to meet some time.

yep - im running the snow performance boost juice - and it has a bit of a smell to it

Did not know about it. Thanks.

You are only about 250 miles away...we need to meet some time.

Looks like you are north of Chicago. I bought my truck from Waconda, IL which looks like it is pretty close to you. If you are ever down here in the "other Illinois" let me know.

Don't want to steal your thread but is anyone that is running methanol/water injection using the Snow Performance SafeInjection with the bypass valve solenoid? I have both but cant seem to see how the solenoid will work. The SC bypass valve works off of vacuum and under normal driving vacuum keeps the valve open resulting in 0 boost. Under accelleration when vacuum drops the valve shuts and boost is achieved. I dont see how the Snow Performance bypass valve solenoid will do anything except create boost by switching off the engine vacuum. Is it intended to be routed to a vacuum tank and check valve? I want to run methanol and was hoping to build a system that would protect the engine by limitting boost in event the meth pump failed or tank was empty. Any input is appreciated.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back