Waterless Wash

mopar_mudder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever used any of the waterless wash products? I would think they would scratch if you have any amount of dirt on the vehicle. I use the detail sprays to get rid of dust and such.

I havent used them, and I dont know anyone who has. But I did see a video of a guy spraying that shit all over a 100k dollar supra and it looked brand new after. It probably works, but I enjoy hand washing and waxing my truck. I think it gives it a really deep shine, and I can take more pride in that knowing I worked hard to get it that way.

There was a member once b4 that swore by them. Ive never used them but friends have have used them and turned out good but only the applicator (yourself) can do the best job lol imo

Last edited:
This would be really helpful if it actually works without fing up your paint. I live in a apartment complex and not suppose to wash cars there. Anyone used this on their 10?

Many different methods for waterless and rinse-less washing. Check out Autogeekonline Auto Detailing Forum and you'll find all the info and answers you want plus more.

I prefer the regular two-bucket method.

Thats what I did when I lived in the north but down here in Louisiana the pollen is so bad id have to wash my truck daily. Plus it black

I havent used them, and I dont know anyone who has. But I did see a video of a guy spraying that shit all over a 100k dollar supra and it looked brand new after. It probably works, but I enjoy hand washing and waxing my truck. I think it gives it a really deep shine, and I can take more pride in that knowing I worked hard to get it that way.

I am looking for options other then water, have well water and that makes water spot problems.

I am looking for options other then water, have well water and that makes water spot problems.

Get an inline water filter and put it on your hose, or a water softener. Cheap and easy fix for that and no hard water spots. :rock:

What about a car duster?

I have used this religiously after a detail and you can keep the car looking super clean without washing it for weeks. With the exception of bird shit or other contaminants.

I have used this religiously after a detail and you can keep the car looking super clean without washing it for weeks. With the exception of bird shit or other contaminants.

What about swirl marks and fine scratches? Just seems like they would pick up dirt and drag it around..

Soft water is not always the answer and a water filter generally takes out what you can see (rust water) but not a big help with spots.

This is interesting though CR Spotless

Last edited:
Lots of waterless guys here in Dubai in the parking garages... They strip off your wax and still swirl your paint. For the normal car owner no big deal but I wouldn't let anyone touch my truck.

Here for $10... You get your engine bay blown out with compressed air, High pressure rinse off that pretty much cleans your vehicle from the amount of pressure/water. Enough soap applied to wash 4x the vehicle, Hand wash, High pressure rinse, dry off with compressed air in all body lines, cracks, full interior detail including brushes in vents for dust etc, all glass cleaned, vacuum etc...

Cheap gas and cheap detailing FTW

Thats what I did when I lived in the north but down here in Louisiana the pollen is so bad id have to wash my truck daily. Plus it black

Same story over here in MS.... I washed my truck around noon and by the time I went in showered watched some tube then came out to go to town it had a nice yellowish tint to it.

Same story over here in MS.... I washed my truck around noon and by the time I went in showered watched some tube then came out to go to town it had a nice yellowish tint to it.

Yeah I cant get over all the pollen. In ohio the only way to get pollen on your truck is to park in a tree..literally

It's nuts and it seems like the last 2 years it's been getting gradually worse and worse.

Here's what I was looking for.... my friend did an experiment on his car to see how long it would take for his car to accumulate a nice pollen blanket over the entire car.

Wash Day- He cleaned it at around 5 PM

Day 1- This was when he woke up to go to work the next morning....

Day 2- This was the next morning...

When people around town comment on how dirty my truck gets between washes, like "Sure is a nice truck to let it go to sh**" or "All that money and you can't even wash it yourself". I remind them that with the pollen the way it is I would literally have to wash my truck every 2 or 3 days which would do a lot more harm than good. So I'll keep my every 2 weeks schedule and wait for summer when it's so hot all the plants are dead and she'll look spotless for a month without a wash haha

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back